+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alan Pace (first interview)

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I think you're right too.
    Yes I agree with you both. I think he won’t be landing us with loan players Sean doesn’t want either. The money saved on them would have helped land his own targets.

Sorry lads,the more I read and hear about this takeover the less I like it.. From what I can gather we are in debt after this and Pace will be relying on others to invest in us as that's the way he works.. Call me what you want but I'm not happy with the situation..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sorry lads,the more I read and hear about this takeover the less I like it.. From what I can gather we are in debt after this and Pace will be relying on others to invest in us as that's the way he works.. Call me what you want but I'm not happy with the situation..
    Well me and Alto have been telling you all along Alfie that Garlick's a waster. Now he's sold us out and we follow Bolton down to D2. Never mind, I don't like the PL anyway, let's get out of it.

Come on chaps, chins up, it's not Pace's fault Garlick is an alleged charlatan (on here anyway).

The EPL have done the due diligence the shakers, movers and Mormons in the US are behind it - let's give the bloke a chance eh?

If we are not in the top six by April - he's history...

Wish I had your positive thoughts on this one BT, I just can't see anything positive to come out of it for Burnley fc

Sean’s take gives nothing away.

Pace and Dyche have had a meeting, which the chairman said he thought "went well".

Giving his take, Dyche said: "We had a good chat on a Zoom call, a very open, honest discussion and debate over what we think is appropriate.

"I don't think there's too many things that are beyond the norms of the right running of the club. I don't get the impression that it's just going to be throw money everywhere, although I think there will be some finance to possibly use going forwards.

"I think the idea, or the impression I get, and it's a strong impression, is to build on the good work that has been done, to continue the building process and not try to cheat the system just by throwing money at it everywhere. But we'll see, we'll see what finance becomes available."

Dyche said Pace "seems an affable fella, seems open-minded" and added: "I don't think their idea is rip it up and start again.

"I think the idea is to really get their teeth into what's here and then how many different ways they can move it forward both on and off the pitch.

"I think that's their view and thinking, while beginning and learning to understand the fabric of the club and the feel of the area and the people.

"It's not massive change at the moment. It's hard to instigate big change. Massive changes in the future? Well, let's wait and see, including myself.

"I have 18 months to go on my contract and it is very early in the new ownership to even worry about that, so I am not and I am sure they are not.

"They are looking at the instant moment in time, which is the playing squad, making sure we look after the players we want to keep, making sure we are aligning the next level of player we can bring in, etc.

"Beyond that, of course there will be discussions on the bigger picture of the football club and how that moves forward.

"They are not naive, they know the immediacy is the next window, what the team is actively doing at this stage, and even the consideration of Covid and how that could affect our squad. There's a lot in the melting pot at the moment."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ey_429746.html

Sean can say a lot without telling you much.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Sean can say a lot without telling you much.
    He is certainly a master of that kritichris.

We are still very much a "Work in Progress".

We'll still be a "Work in Progress" when all our existing players are drawing their State Pension

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)