+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crawley Town - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Crawley Town - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United captain Liam Cooper is available for Sunday's FA Cup game with League Two Crawley after almost three weeks out with an abdominal injury.

Fellow centre-back Diego Llorente, who has only played once for the club because of several injuries, is available but Marcelo Bielsa says they are being "cautious" with the Spaniard.

Forward Tyler Roberts is unavailable.

Crawley will make a late decision on top scorer Max Watters, who has a hamstring problem.

The game - which kicks off at 13:30 GMT - is live on BBC One.

Leeds boss Bielsa:*"For me it [the FA Cup] represents English football in its purest form. It allows you to link with the history of the clubs in England.

"The sole fact that we have to analyse the opponent we're going to face, it allows you to take a look into League Two, the stadiums and style of play.

"Crawley are a team that responds to a direct approach and their defensive organisation is also a tradition."

Crawley manager John Yems:*"I just hope Leeds donate their money back to us, which would be a very good gesture, so we can start paying for a few things.

"You wouldn't get as much as you would normally because of no crowd.

"But in the current climate, it would be nice if - like they used to in the old days - some big clubs donated a little bit back to you. But who knows?"

Match stats

Crawley have reached the third round for the first time since 2012-13 when they were eliminated by Premier League side Reading.

Leeds have been eliminated in the third round in each of their last three campaigns, their worst run since a four-season stretch between 2003-04 and 2006-07.

Crawley have lost all of their FA Cup matches against Premier League opposition - in 2010-11 vs Man Utd, 2011-12 vs Stoke and 2012-13 vs Reading.

Leeds have lost two of their last three third-round matches as a Premier League side, most recently against Arsenal in 2003-04.

0 - 4.

MOT.

Dear Mr Bielsa,

DO. Play the best team, get the tie done and dusted early, then bring on the youngsters for the last 20/30 mins.
    DONT. Put the youngsters on at the start and take a beating.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Dear Mr Bielsa,

DO. Play the best team, get the tie done and dusted early, then bring on the youngsters for the last 20/30 mins.
    DONT. Put the youngsters on at the start and take a beating.

That is all.

Oh noes now you have done it Billy - we will play the U12s .....

Problems with this game are the journey down with the weather and covid; 1.30 kick off, do you go on the day or night before; normally the day before but it's covid city down there so do you risk it?????

Cal, thats the kind of scaremongering thats allowing govts to run police states, and i am speaking as someone who has been hospitalised with Covid. 0.2 % of cases die, and virtually noone under 60 who isnt already going to die from something else. This kind of rabid phobia is really unhelpful. Many, many more peoples lives are going to be ruined shortly if we dont just grow a pair and get back to normality.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Cal, thats the kind of scaremongering thats allowing govts to run police states, and i am speaking as someone who has been hospitalised with Covid. 0.2 % of cases die, and virtually noone under 60 who isnt already going to die from something else. This kind of rabid phobia is really unhelpful. Many, many more peoples lives are going to be ruined shortly if we dont just grow a pair and get back to normality.

100% agree.

Interesting that MB talks about the history and ethos of the Competition whereas all Crawley seem to care about is if we will donate them some extra dosh!

Leeds boss Bielsa: "For me it [the FA Cup] represents English football in its purest form. It allows you to link with the history of the clubs in England.

"The sole fact that we have to analyse the opponent we're going to face, it allows you to take a look into League Two, the stadiums and style of play.

Crawley manager John Yems: "I just hope Leeds donate their money back to us, which would be a very good gesture, so we can start paying for a few things.

"But in the current climate, it would be nice if - like they used to in the old days - some big clubs donated a little bit back to you. But who knows?"

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Sadly my brother mate Mick at 55 and fit was one of the no ones who died. Not my point though, we don't want to end up like Villa playing kids because the first team is out with it

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Sadly my brother mate Mick at 55 and fit was one of the no ones who died. Not my point though, we don't want to end up like Villa playing kids because the first team is out with it
    Come guys, this is matchday thread. We can chat covid on a separate thread.
    I notice only 7 subs, what gives? WTF's favourite u23, Gelhardt hasn't made the squad. Greenwood has. Rodrigo and Pablo start together for the first time. I dont understand Davis at right back.

Casilla and Costa would be my concerns

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)