+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving manager’s eleven v DHB

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Ah well, at least we scored to spare the complete embarrassment of a whole season without even scoring against them. Go us.

The above fae Mason sums it up exactly for me - I know I probably should, but I just can’t get past this.

For years we knew everything was stacked against us, finance, governance, media, geography, everything.

Despite that, despite the constant disappointments of the last 25 years and despite the fact we must have at some point countenanced this 11-1 debacle, the financial splits, TV rights rules & everything else that massively favours the cheeks, I remained hugely emotionally invested in my team.

Then Rangers died. We had a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the whole setup. The balance of power, the finances, the governance, summer football (if we wanted) everything that is completely stacked against us. I couldn’t wait.

Yet what happened? Nothing.

Why? Because an Aberdeen chairman, yes the chairman of my club AFC, decided that the status quo - basically what we saw yet again today - was preferable to removing the power from the cheeks and allowing the majority to decide what’s what.

Not only that, he also rubbed it in time and again with his constant rimming of the hun and his appalling “Scottish football needs a strong Rangers” chat.

We also raised not a peep about the same club pish and the fact they basically got let off scot free with years of deliberate and systematic cheating. Aye, cheating that caused our club severe financial difficulties and meant thousands of us paid thousands of pounds to watch a rigged league. Milne couldn’t care less about any of that. I simply couldn’t believe it.

Now we hear recently that Celtic kyboshed any chance of an Atlantic League - despite the likes of us wanting to at least explore the possibility - because it didn’t suit them.

Quite happy for us to vote with them on 11-1, but as soon as something we liked the look of didn’t suit them, we can fuuck off.

No surprise there though for anyone with any common sense. What a shower of spineless mugs they must think we are.

So now we’re at the point where almost all that emotional investment and the commitment I had, has pretty much gone.

I can’t see me getting a ST again any time soon. I watch the games, keep an eye on what’s going on, but the passion I had has all but disappeared. The hun winning the league will probably finish it off completely if I’m honest.

I’d love it if he could, but I can’t really see anyway Cormack can get that back.

This is Milne’s legacy. Utterly appalling and for me personally, rather sad actually, that I now feel like this about the club I’ve followed for over 40 years...
    Think this post totally sums up how I feel about the club right now. In the past I would have been right up for a game like this. Today I went outside and washed the cars. Couldn’t even muster the enthusiasm because you knew what was coming. Came inside at one point just in time to see the inevitable red card and penalty. Shrugged my shoulders and went back outside.

I really don’t know what cormack can do because I think this apathy is going through so many fans that when they are eventually allowed back in the stadium I don’t know what sort of support we’ll have left.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    I really don’t know what cormack can
    Get rid of McInnes at the earliest opportunity. Bring in someone (I have no idea who) who gives us a siege mentality. Bring in someone who is not happy with 3rd and a couple of rounds in the EUFA qualifying rounds.

Ah well, at least we scored to spare the complete embarrassment of a whole season without even scoring against them. Go us.

The above fae Mason sums it up exactly for me - I know I probably should, but I just can’t get past this.

For years we knew everything was stacked against us, finance, governance, media, geography, everything.

Despite that, despite the constant disappointments of the last 25 years and despite the fact we must have at some point countenanced this 11-1 debacle, the financial splits, TV rights rules & everything else that massively favours the cheeks, I remained hugely emotionally invested in my team.

Then Rangers died. We had a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the whole setup. The balance of power, the finances, the governance, summer football (if we wanted) everything that is completely stacked against us. I couldn’t wait.

Why? Because an Aberdeen chairman, yes the chairman of my club AFC, decided that the status quo - basically what we saw yet again today - was preferable to removing the power from the cheeks and allowing the majority to decide what’s what.

Not only that, he also rubbed it in time and again with his constant rimming of the hun and his appalling “Scottish football needs a strong Rangers” chat.

We also raised not a peep about the same club pish and the fact they basically got let off scot free with years of deliberate and systematic cheating. Aye, cheating that caused our club severe financial difficulties and meant thousands of us paid thousands of pounds to watch a rigged league. Milne couldn’t care less about any of that. I simply couldn’t believe it.

Now we hear recently that Celtic kyboshed any chance of an Atlantic League - despite the likes of us wanting to at least explore the possibility - because it didn’t suit them.

Quite happy for us to vote with them on 11-1, but as soon as something we liked the look of didn’t suit them, we can fuuck off.

No surprise there though for anyone with any common sense. What a shower of spineless mugs they must think we are.

So now we’re at the point where almost all that emotional investment and the commitment I had, has pretty much gone.

I can’t see me getting a ST again any time soon. I watch the games, keep an eye on what’s going on, but the passion I had has all but disappeared. The hun winning the league will probably finish it off completely if I’m honest.

I’d love it if he could, but I can’t really see anyway Cormack can get that back.

This is Milne’s legacy. Utterly appalling and for me personally, rather sad actually, that I now feel like this about the club I’ve followed for over 40 years...

First time I have heard anything about this Atlantic league stuff.

Can’t for the life of me see what on earth Celtic would be able to do about it if we decided to play in another league.

You can’t blame them for everything.

I’m sure they would ask our permission if they were invited into the English divisions.

F’uck the weegies, we’ll do what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    First time I have heard anything about this Atlantic league stuff.

Can’t for the life of me see what on earth Celtic would be able to do about it if we decided to play in another league.

You can’t blame them for everything.

I’m sure they would ask our permission if they were invited into the English divisions.

F’uck the weegies, we’ll do what we want.
    I’m not blaming them. I’m just pointing out that they look after number one and to fuuck with everybody else.

That’s entirely their right of course, it just makes what Milne did look even worse and even more stupid.

I’m not really interested in the Atlantic league thing. Not a big fan of the idea. The point was, Cormack wanted Scottish football to take it further and look at its feasibility, Celtic said no so from a Scottish point of view it was dead in the water.

That’s the thanks we get for maintaining their vice like grip on the game up here.

They’d fuuck off down south tomorrow if they could and leave us all to rot. Yet Milne thinks burying his tongue in their arsehole, tugging the forelock and happily living off the scraps they give us is best for AFC and Scottish football.

It’s as unfathomable as it is unforgivable.

Not having a go at you.

I’d be interested in an Atlantic league, but I wouldn’t give a f’uck about taking Scottish football with me.

Nothing stopping us looking at it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Not having a go at you.

I’d be interested in an Atlantic league, but I wouldn’t give a f’uck about taking Scottish football with me.

Nothing stopping us looking at it anyway.
    I think the issue was that the talks were not initiated by any of the football authorities/clubs in the five countries concerned but rather by an Irish money man. Once celtic said they didn't want to be involved the Irish money disappeared so made the whole project unviable apparently

I withdraw my interest then

Laker type cricket isn’t for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Think this post totally sums up how I feel about the club right now. In the past I would have been right up for a game like this. Today I went outside and washed the cars. Couldn’t even muster the enthusiasm because you knew what was coming. Came inside at one point just in time to see the inevitable red card and penalty. Shrugged my shoulders and went back outside.

I really don’t know what cormack can do because I think this apathy is going through so many fans that when they are eventually allowed back in the stadium I don’t know what sort of support we’ll have left.
    Watched it yet again, as I always do, usual outcome expected, better result hoped for, like a bad addiction, rehab needed, but I need to want to change, which I seem unable to do, why I don’t know!?

Winna quote but that's a great post Moog

I was out and out scunnered. Its almost two years since I set foot in Pittodrie. Sevco in the cup,1-1,celebrated like a win, "oh Derek McInnes" echoing. It was the final straw. There were 6 home games left that season. I didnt bother and even booked a Dutch/German fitba sojourn on the weekend of the Celtic game as they could win the league that day and I wanted to be as far away as we were bound to meekly lay down and let it happen. It did happen. I never renewed my season ticket that summer and haven't since

Since then I have found myself feeling more and more detached from the club I have followed for 30 years. Not because I am not there. Its because of the pish that comes out of it. Unsackable sh@tehouse manager, a chairman who is all bravado but has done very little to change anything, an old chairman who's legacy is despicable still kicking about and was not voted out by shareholders, Considine and his strong rangers chat, Europe being like a trophy to too many fans, McInnes fluffers being like a cult, our big game record being f@cking abysmal, our celtic record being even more abysmal, our sevco record heading in a bad direction(1 home win since we played them first and it was first),well.and truly accepting the makey uppy status quo(club and fans), the f@cking sickening "remember McGhee" attitudes of too many, our signing policy and our distinct lack of ambition(again club and fans) I could go on and on. Everything with the club is wrong* and has been for too long

There were cracks prior to jacking it too, especially allowing the manager time off to flash his frillies at sevco and sevco being promoted to the Prem and the media circle jerk that came along with it. But there was also not taking advantage of the Deila days.

I thought when I jacked in playing fitba it would be the Dons until I shuffled of this mortal coil. Started off well now I have banished myself and am actually glad I did.

I think the club are in a very precarious position just now. Three summers ago, we lost 1000 season tickets(me included), the summer after another 1000 chucked it. Last summer is skewed by the state of the world and fear of fianancial difficulties for the club bringing out new ST holders, folk that were set to jack keeping etc. But again the fitba has been sh@te this season. The generosity will not last another summer. Our home for since the start of 2019 has a win percentage of under 50%.that is f@cking well and truly unacceptable. Surely to f@ck even the happiest of clappers see our club are a bit sh@t now and need big changes. Cormack must notice this too. This coming summer is big. Do we stick as the stalest club in the land or Does our loudmouth chairman do something about the "challenger brand" being sh@te,or was that just the bravado again.

Important times ahead

*barring Community work

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast