+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who needs to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not protesting Hirst out then Gru?
    Tide waits for no man. Kayode to replace him. Signing to replace Vassell. Warney's got to stop playing happy families 1st!

Blackman, Jones and Mattock depending on if we are actually fetching any in, don’t want us to be left short

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Come on let's be having yer.

Plenty been said in between many posts but, who do you think needs off loading? Don't have to put the reason why as I think between us we know why. My take:

Vassell
    Hirst
    Blackman
    Jones
    Mattock
    Thompson
    Tilt

I'm even bordering on Ihiekwe, he's becoming ragged and a liability of late. Just hoofs it away and doesn't look in control of late.

Anymore?
    I agree 100% with this Brin. I also have doubts over Icky. He has, and always has had, a rick in him EVERY game. Sadly, for him and us, those mistakes are nearly always punished at this level.

7 new incoming (if possible) to replace the above with Kayode and Cooper supplementing the squad as "free hits".

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Blackman, Jones and Mattock depending on if we are actually fetching any in, don’t want us to be left short
    Add Proctor

Its ridiculous to ship 7 or 8 players out and expect to get the same numbers in, we could also end up with worse players.

If we have genuine targets who will come then prioritise the positions we need changes most, next season is where we can look to make wholesale changes not January

Proctor looked the most promising when he joined and up to his horrific injury. I’m just glad he’s now getting some game time.

Blackman
    Hirst
    Vassell
    Thompson (not done badly, but doesn't appear to be in the plans)

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Its ridiculous to ship 7 or 8 players out and expect to get the same numbers in, we could also end up with worse players.

If we have genuine targets who will come then prioritise the positions we need changes most, next season is where we can look to make wholesale changes not January
    gm_gm, 7 does sound ridiculous but, if they are loans which offer little or nothing to our side then why keep them? Their wages could very well be used on new loan players. Only time will tell if any replacements would be better or worse like you say but, it's called transfers and that's what footballs all about. You look to better your squad on a rotating basis and don't wait just for an end of season clear out or the damage may well be already done.

As for Thompson what's the problem with him? He's not injured but doesn't even get a game. Warne should be looking to free up his wage and get someone else in if he doesn't think he's good enough to play for us.

Tilt, the jury is out on him. Another possible sick note? As for Vassell, would you seriously keep him?

Why some people keep banging on about bringing Joshua Kayode back is beyond me. A decision has already been made at present he's staying out on loan, currently with Chris Beech at Carlisle although some league one clubs are interested in him. Let him develop his career on loan, if he came back he would be bench warming at best which wouldn't add anything to his development. Joshua Kayode is nowhere near Championship standard, I only wish he was. By all means come to a mutual agreement with Leicester as regards Hirst going back but don't think for one minute JK is the answer .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gm_gm, 7 does sound ridiculous but, if they are loans which offer little or nothing to our side then why keep them? Their wages could very well be used on new loan players. Only time will tell if any replacements would be better or worse like you say but, it's called transfers and that's what footballs all about. You look to better your squad on a rotating basis and don't wait just for an end of season clear out or the damage may well be already done.

As for Thompson what's the problem with him? He's not injured but doesn't even get a game. Warne should be looking to free up his wage and get someone else in if he doesn't think he's good enough to play for us.

Tilt, the jury is out on him. Another possible sick note? As for Vassell, would you seriously keep him?
    I agree with the sentiment Brin not the practicality, I think we could possibly ship 2 or 3 out at most in Jan, its said by most managers January only offers most players than other teams may not want, in June contracts are up for grabs so generally speaking better players available.

Our best best is trying to get a few hungry Prem youngsters if they are available

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast