+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who needs to leave?

The hardest thing about January is that nobody wants to let anyone move on until they have a replacement so you need one deal for a domino effect to occur. We will probably be the same, keep players 'just in case' until we get ones in.

Priorities for me are a LB and Striker. A winger as a bonus. Still think a lot of our problems are from service rather than wastefulness in front of goal particularly.

Who to move out? Any of Vassell, Hirst, Flo, Jones permanently or sent back if on loan. We all know there are others but they can wait till the summer when we know where we will be playing next season and they provide cover at the moment. Numbers out to match those coming in, no need to get rid desperately as we will have budgeted for the squad we have in this climate

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Flo Jo
    Hirst
    Jones
    Tilt

Considered Vassell but that would leave us with two strikers, so he's reprieved for now.
    We've only got two strikers now because nobody in their right mind can think Vassell is one.
    Let him go tomorrow if any club is daft enough to take him.

Leave the club

Vassell -......... Div 1 or 2 club, if they will pay the wages
    Hirst -............ Not experienced enough for championship, needs to learn his trade in div 1 or 2
    Flo -............. Not seen much of him, but on hearsay, send him back to his parent club.
    Tilt -............. Not pulled up any trees at loan club Wigan, injury prone doesn't help.
    Jones -........... Let him go to maybe help a div 1 or 2 club

Players to Keep
    Thompson need some playing time, and be given a chance

Players to come into the Millers.
    Matt Penney -..... 22 year old left back, contract up in the summer 2021, parent club Sheffield Wednesday, take on loan now, anygood sign on a free in the summer.
    Tom Dallison -.... 25 year old Left back / left side defender, parent club Crawley Town, good solid player, I think there will be a few clubs in for this player in the transfer window, length of contract ( unknown )

Dallison would be a good player to get at any club, no nonsense left back, also left side centre half, would be a ideal replacement for Woody if he hangs his boots up at the end of the season, to become defensive player coach ( Keep registered to play in a emergency ) Dallison also has said covering left back.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 11-01-2021 at 09:18 PM.

I had to smile at the opening thread.
    I know Brin is a genuine Millers fan but when the hell have Rotherham ever got rid of 7 or 8 players in a transfer window and brought the equivalent number in?
    I'll assume drink had been taken or medication forgotten.
    3 out 3 in absolute maximum.......and don't expect the loans to go back unless their clubs think they'll get more game time elsewhere.

Yep realistically i would say none of loanees will go back apart from perhaps hirst cos leicester might say we are not pjaying him enough. The others may be thompson vassell jones and wood . Wood dependent on amother ch coming in. I would doubt we would get amother forrud apart from another youngster on loan. Wunt be sirprised if one of our better players gets flogged.

Worrever the net effect will be zero or minus particularly when you weigh it up against our rivals all strengthening.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I know Brin is a genuine Millers fan but when the hell have Rotherham ever got rid of 7 or 8 players in a transfer window and brought the equivalent number in?
    3 out 3 in absolute maximum.......and don't expect the loans to go back unless their clubs think they'll get more game time elsewhere.
    I completely agree you have to be smoking the whacky backy to think that we would let so many go in January. Being as warne has already said he wants a striker a midfielder and a left back I would wager 3 will go and mattock will be dropped from 25 being as he won’t be back until seasons almost ended.

I’d get rid of hirst Blackman and send Thompson out on loan he’s not going to get game time over olosunde and Harding

Players in Ben purrington Joe Powell and Luke Jephcott would be on my list

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Mellow, you giddy old fool why does it have to be 'drink or medication' when you attempt to reply to a post? Is that what gets you by at the mo old man?

My suggestions were these players need to go be it 1 or all 7. Some may even surprise you and are having their agents find them a club in January knowing they are surplus to requirements at ours. Have you thought of that one? Probably not because it's the 'drink or the medication' that are or have taken affect old bean

If were lucky we may get 2 in and maybe 2 out on loan or sale. Thats your lot until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post

Players to come into the Millers.
    Matt Penney -..... 22 year old left back, contract up in the summer 2021, parent club Sheffield Wednesday, take on loan now, anygood sign on a free in the summer.
    Tom Dallison -.... 25 year old Left back / left side defender, parent club Crawley Town, good solid player, I think there will be a few clubs in for this player in the transfer window, length of contract ( unknown )

Dallison would be a good player to get at any club, no nonsense left back, also left side centre half, would be a ideal replacement for Woody if he hangs his boots up at the end of the season, to become defensive player coach ( Keep registered to play in a emergency ) Dallison also has said covering left back.
    Tom Dallinson is contracted to Crawley until the end of 2021/2022 season Eric.
    It doesn't say why he left Falkirk, just says mutual consent.
    No idea what his market value is.
    Matt Penney would be worth having a look at, if he's any good offer him a pre-contract agreement for next season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast