+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who needs to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Why some people keep banging on about bringing Joshua Kayode back is beyond me. A decision has already been made at present he's staying out on loan, currently with Chris Beech at Carlisle although some league one clubs are interested in him. Let him develop his career on loan, if he came back he would be bench warming at best which wouldn't add anything to his development. Joshua Kayode is nowhere near Championship standard, I only wish he was. By all means come to a mutual agreement with Leicester as regards Hirst going back but don't think for one minute JK is the answer .
    Take your point about JJ Godsend but if Hirst goes back he might very well get some game time assuming we don't get another forrud in. In an ideal world yes we should leave him out to develop elsewhere but we might not have any better options to choose from.

Im not a big fan of Hirst but accept he is not getting a lot of game time and it could be once he gets his first he could be up and running. One off his ar se will do on Saturday especially if it is the winner!

Players to move out in January in no particular order.
    Kyle Vassell - out of contract in the summer & ought to be looking to move on.
    Curtis Tilt - not settled in South Yorkshire, been injured, had very little game time, ask Wigan if they would take him back on loan.
    Adam Thompson - not featured in starting eleven, needs some game time elsewhere.
    Possibly Billy Jones - out of contract also in the summer.

Three out and a maximum of three in.
    Left backs that are Championship standard, fit & ready to play are like rocking horse sh!t, so Robertson may have to fill in at that position till the end of the season.
    Same situation regards strikers. What decent recognised striker that's going to score the goals to save us is going to come to a club fighting relegation and besides what does £1m buy you in the Championship these days.
    Have a reality check fellas.
    Last edited by Godsend.F.C.; 11-01-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I agree with the sentiment Brin not the practicality, I think we could possibly ship 2 or 3 out at most in Jan, its said by most managers January only offers most players than other teams may not want, in June contracts are up for grabs so generally speaking better players available.

Our best best is trying to get a few hungry Prem youngsters if they are available
    Hopefully Warne had a word with Ancelloti when we played them. That left winger looked a right handful.

Flo Jo
    Hirst
    Jones
    Tilt

Considered Vassell but that would leave us with two strikers, so he's reprieved for now.

And I’m sure Warney also said that Jozefzoon, Hirst and Blackman were staying

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Flo Jo
    Hirst
    Jones
    Tilt

Considered Vassell but that would leave us with two strikers, so he's reprieved for now.
    All dependant on who we bring in though Galley.
    Don't really think Derby will be prepared to take Jozefzoon back, especially now they have new owners.

Tilt
    Thompson
    Jones
    Vassell

Again all depends who we can bring in.
    Any more would disrupt the squad completely.

I’m sure we’re looking at fetching a LB, striker and possibly another winger in, rumoured we’re also interested in CB which I’d be putting on bottom of list tbh

So one striker can go I’d we replace

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Come on let's be having yer.

Plenty been said in between many posts but, who do you think needs off loading? Don't have to put the reason why as I think between us we know why. My take:

Vassell
    Hirst
    Blackman
    Jones
    Mattock
    Thompson
    Tilt

I'm even bordering on Ihiekwe, he's becoming ragged and a liability of late. Just hoofs it away and doesn't look in control of late.

Anymore?
    I think your being unfair on tilt he’s not even played a game for us yet.

Mattock how could we get rid of him he’s injured

Also it’s all well and good saying who should be let go but your forgetting we would need to bring players in and that would require mr Stewart to get his wallet out. Completely unrealistic to release so many in January

Loan out Thompson
    Send Blackman and hirst back
    And get rid of Jones

Bring back ogbene a left back a striker and a midfielder in January

Then in summer let go of

Wood
    Mattock
    Vassel

And bring in 5

Beats me why Robertson always seems to escape the exit list without doubt he’s a good footballer but last season he played 17 games and this season 2!
    What’s the point of his ability to play left back if he’s never fit?

We acquired a new out and out right winger on Saturday in Matt Olosunde

Ran a prem team ragged.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast