+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

Keep voting them in,deserve everything Rotherham town gets.What a waste of 11million pounds,shame on you RMBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Keep voting them in,deserve everything Rotherham town gets.What a waste of 11million pounds,shame on you RMBC.
    FACT Check

This is not RMBC wasting ratepayers money.

The money is from the Government's Transforming Cities Fund, part of which was allocated to Sheffield City Region. If Rotherham had turned it down it would have gone to Sheffield, Doncaster or Barnsley.

I have been as critical of RMBS as anyone over the years but on this issue if you think it is a waste of money blame the government not the council

This wasn’t intended to be a political post or I’d have put it in the other group.

It is just some information I came across. There’s plenty of negativity towards the town centre. Spending some money on it can only be a positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    The third paragraph tells you where the money is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    This wasn’t intended to be a political post or I’d have put it in the other group.

It is just some information I came across. There’s plenty of negativity towards the town centre. Spending some money on it can only be a positive thing.
    This is a good news story. But never fear Scum the usual suspects will spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    This is a good news story. But never fear Scum the usual suspects will spin it.
    Why is it good news?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Why is it good news?
    Millions being spent on the town centre can only be positive.

I’m not a cyclist myself but anything to regenerate the town has to be a good thing.

I don’t enjoy going to the cinema, I’d much rather watch films at home. I don’t enjoy vegan restaurants, trendy coffee shops or musical theatre.

But if they built or created these things for others rather than more barbers, charity shops and empty buildings then I’m all for it.

Not all improvements can be bespoke to every individual.

You were spot on the money Wan

Will anyone want to leave the bike in centre even if it’s chained up? 😉

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast