+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T: When will we ever learn

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    What year was you there at Mellish? I was 81-87

Mellish was regarded as a fine school in my day, Pete. A few Arnold kids opted to go there rather than Arnold High, my cousin being one of them. Lovely old building.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Mellish was regarded as a fine school in my day, Pete. A few Arnold kids opted to go there rather than Arnold High, my cousin being one of them. Lovely old building.
    **** me sen when Parents said I was going there instead of Alderman Derbyshire & they played Rugby instead of Footy, but loved the sport
    Shocking the Council sold it off. Was well maintained when I was there

I lived, Parents still do, just off Kersall drive/ St Albans Road
    I live about 5 minutes drive from there.

What year was you there at Mellish? I was 81-87
    I started four years after you left and was 91-96. I'd imagine there were alot of teachers that were there during your time and mine.

There was nothing wrong with the building when I went there. That front facade onto Highbury Vale was fine and the main school building as far as schools go. There was the old science block (two classrooms) that had seen better days and were probably old pre-fabs onto the higher level ground next to the sports field and those pebble dashed blocks. I'm sure nobody would have minded those being flattened.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 21-02-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I started four years after you left and was 91-96. I'd imagine there were alot of teachers that were there during your time and mine.

There was nothing wrong with the building when I went there. That front facade onto Highbury Vale was fine and the main school building as far as schools go. There was the old science block (two classrooms) that had seen better days and were probably old pre-fabs onto the higher level ground next to the sports field and those pebble dashed blocks. I'm sure nobody would have minded those being flattened.
    Was Brian Bates still there then? PE teacher ex Notts player. Science block was from the war time, further down that side, top of the steps on to the playing fields was Air raid shelters, where the smokers hung out

Was Brian Bates still there then? PE teacher ex Notts player. Science block was from the war time, further down that side, top of the steps on to the playing fields was Air raid shelters, where the smokers hung out
    Yes he was my PE teacher while I was there. I became a Notts fan while at Mellish, but I didn't know much about past players at the time and was not aware he had played for Notts until after I left. I've not seen him since. Hope he's all good and well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456