+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Misleading statements that perpetuate the panic

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Doesna really add up though,spanish flu killed far far more people we recovered and moved on.Covid allegedly has killed less than 5% of those died with that flu yet you reckon the millions will be restricted for the future.

People wont stand for it,everyone has a breaking point,these rules would trigger it ive no doubt.
    The Spanish Flu just had to run it's course with there being no vaccinations then. No massive lockdowns either. There was a big first wave, a worse second wave and a third not as bad as the others. This was over an 18 month period after which the herd immunity killed off the infection. God help us if the vaccinations don't work or further mutations occur because, due to lockdowns, we are so far miles away from herd immunity. Even with the vaccinations many countries look like falling short of the percentage required due to anti vaccers saying they will not have the jag. Looks like the UK may be one of the few to get a high enough percentage to reach herd immunity but if we open the borders to countries who dont then we will still get cases here. Difficult one because no country is advocating compulsory jags. Covid could be with us for a while and like others I think folk will get so pissed off with restrictions some form of normality will return later this year. I do however fear for foreign travel/holidays and I see them being restricted for a long time and getting really expensive. I cant think when we will be able to travel abroad again without masks, tests, possible self isolating or quarantine. All that puts me off totally.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    The Spanish Flu just had to run it's course with there being no vaccinations then. No massive lockdowns either. There was a big first wave, a worse second wave and a third not as bad as the others. This was over an 18 month period after which the herd immunity killed off the infection. God help us if the vaccinations don't work or further mutations occur because, due to lockdowns, we are so far miles away from herd immunity. Even with the vaccinations many countries look like falling short of the percentage required due to anti vaccers saying they will not have the jag. Looks like the UK may be one of the few to get a high enough percentage to reach herd immunity but if we open the borders to countries who dont then we will still get cases here. Difficult one because no country is advocating compulsory jags. Covid could be with us for a while and like others I think folk will get so pissed off with restrictions some form of normality will return later this year. I do however fear for foreign travel/holidays and I see them being restricted for a long time and getting really expensive. I cant think when we will be able to travel abroad again without masks, tests, possible self isolating or quarantine. All that puts me off totally.
    Sweden reported to have between 40 and 50% herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Freedom might mean paying for vaccinations and covid tests? What happens if you need malaria shots at present? You can see these being essential for foreign travel.
    It's not freedom then.

It's freedom for those that can afford it.

If the vaccine dosent stop you passing it on or dosent stop you getting it I don't see the need for a vaccine to travel.

That dosent mean I won't get vaccinated if offered the Oxford one but some people can't be vaccinated and some who don't want to shouldn't be forced to.

The flu vaccine isn't taken up in huge numbers by nhs staff, well short of 100%.....should they be stopped from working in the NHS?

You can't start picking or choosing who has liberty who has restrictions that's not a great way to go.....it really isn't.

My main concern is people are prepared to accept some lifting of restrictions and not push for the full Monty.....if Govts think they can push the lockdown button at the drop of a hat and people will comply.....they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The NHS needs protected.................................

From the crooked politicians who have asset stripped it and awarded lucrative contracts within it to their mates for decades. Labour, SNP and not just the evil Tories.
    If the NHS needs protected in its current guise then it ain't the all singing all dancing fantastic institution that it's made out to be.

I don't even think that's a controversial you are going to hell statement anymore.

This time should lead to a total reform and instead of continually throwing money down a bottomless pit there really should be a national disscussion on what people want from a health service and social care.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Sorry Deeranged I thought that you had to have inoculations for certain countries.
    There just isn't a malaria vaccine BCram - you get tablets.

You need innoculations for certain countries but pretty sure you get them on NHS, used to have to pay for the prescription then the nurse in the practice gave you the jabs however I've been innoculated through work for the past twenty years or so and not absolutely certain - exception might be Yellow Fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    There just isn't a malaria vaccine BCram - you get tablets.

You need innoculations for certain countries but pretty sure you get them on NHS, used to have to pay for the prescription then the nurse in the practice gave you the jabs however I've been innoculated through work for the past twenty years or so and not absolutely certain - exception might be Yellow Fever.
    In September 1981 my wife and had a two week holiday in Sousse, Tunisia.
    We had to get malaria tablets which were taken once a week for four weeks. We also had to get a Yellow fever jag from our GP which resulted in us being off work the next day as we both suffered a bad reaction to the jag. Two weeks later had no problem with the booster jag.
    During our holiday we were speaking to some fellow holiday makers from the UK who were not taking the malaria tablets because they had not been advised to by their GP.
    In 1981 we got our Yellow Fever jags free of charge and we received a prescription for our malaria tablets.m

The tennis players who flew into Australia on chartered planes are now having to self isolate in hotel rooms prior to playing in the 2021 Australian Open tennis championship
    Players like Djokovic are cooped up in their hotel room with no opportunity to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Sweden reported to have between 40 and 50% herd immunity.
    Just keep making up pish to convince yourself you're right, it's what all the nutjob conspiracy theorists do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)