+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Llorrente enigma

The Llorrente enigma

Will he ever be fit. Cant say he was rushed back this time.
    Think itll be next season before we see if hes up to it.

Not sure real shame as he looks like exactly the sort of player we need at the moment - he was fit at the start of the season and played well for Spain in the friendlies.

It seems some payers struggle with the intensity of the training and fitness work we do - hope he doesn’t fall into that category.

He must be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not sure real shame as he looks like exactly the sort of player we need at the moment - he was fit at the start of the season and played well for Spain in the friendlies.

It seems some payers struggle with the intensity of the training and fitness work we do - hope he doesn’t fall into that category.

He must be gutted.
    From what others in Spain are/were aware of, the enigma started life well before coming to Leeds;

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...nited-19708520

Forshaw part II

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    From what others in Spain are/were aware of, the enigma started life well before coming to Leeds;

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...nited-19708520
    Ah but you would still hope the physios were
    happy with him but who knows. We did turn down the German lad in midfield due to injury concerns.

I thought Struijk was pretty good last night and can see a longer term pair of him and Koch.

Cooper second half looked a bit like the Cooper of seasons past who was prone to costly errors.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Ah but you would still hope the physios were
    happy with him but who knows. We did turn down the German lad in midfield due to injury concerns.

I thought Struijk was pretty good last night and can see a longer term pair of him and Koch.

Cooper second half looked a bit like the Cooper of seasons past who was prone to costly errors.
    You know my views on the way we acquire new players, and the personalities involved. I suspect that unless he arrived with one leg missing, if certain people said he's coming to Leeds, he would be coming to Leeds.

As to Struijk I agree, I think the lad deserves a regular place, and I'd like to see others from the U23s brought through when the opposition is right (NOT Leicester!) (I know, cracked record!).

Cooper is Cooper, he isn't consistent (or hasn't been for the whole of this season), and as such, I'd see his as being one position we could do with strengthening, sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You know my views on the way we acquire new players, and the personalities involved. I suspect that unless he arrived with one leg missing, if certain people said he's coming to Leeds, he would be coming to Leeds.

As to Struijk I agree, I think the lad deserves a regular place, and I'd like to see others from the U23s brought through when the opposition is right (NOT Leicester!) (I know, cracked record!).

Cooper is Cooper, he isn't consistent (or hasn't been for the whole of this season), and as such, I'd see his as being one position we could do with strengthening, sooner rather than later.
    Could see within a couple of seasons back four of Drameh Struijk Koch and maybe Davies

Think one or two from Gotts, Mcalmont, Shackleton, Jenkins, Huggins, JG, Jimmy S and Greenwood might have a chance too.

The kid most interested in is the 16 year old - Charlie Allen I think - who Is rated as the best prospect of all of them.

Hopefully, the set up can start producing some real gems again as over the years we have had so many good players come out of the youth set up not least when we were truly crap in the 1980s but sadly EG got sacked and they all went to other clubs.

Agree about Coops, been a good servant and all that - but a bit of a liability at the back. Doesn't score many either!
    When you think we have managed to get to the lofty position we are currently in with less defensive options to choose from than last season in the championship! Koch and Llorrente have hardly featured, Cooper has been in and out, and when in hardly gives a lot of confidence to those around him. Struijk the only plus in our defence from last season. But last season we had both White and Berardi available throughout as well as our current bunch.When/if we get a settled defence I can see us pushing on with a couple of quality additions.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 27-01-2021 at 03:08 PM.

A gamble the club are saying
    Near 20 million and top wages
    Its beyond belief, we could have got 2 centre backs.......
    It seems nobody is held accountable for our recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    A gamble the club are saying
    Near 20 million and top wages
    Its beyond belief, we could have got 2 centre backs.......
    It seems nobody is held accountable for our recruitment
    Think that might be a little harsh without wishing to get into the whole Orta good bad indifferent debate.

Think we have been unlucky to some degree with CB injuries - Koch couldn’t be helped and Llorente seemed to come back with a knock from internationals.

Suspect that with the Ben White will he won’t he they wanted cover for Koch.

The Berardi and Fordhaw injuries have not helped. If Fordham was fit then think we would have had less issues as Struijk would just play CB and Forshaw could sit in the hole when KP out.

Biggest gap in recruitment was in CM as that has been a big problem and gap and a goal scorer.

Imagine how many goals Chapman would bag for this side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)