+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

One of those games where if you look at the match stats you would think it was a draw but that touch of class makes all the difference at this level and it's goals that count at the end of the day. Results didn't go our way today but onwards and upwards to Tuesday. Will it be a true Groundhog Day of events that started on the same date against the same team back in 1982? Here's hoping!

Thoughts on today's performance?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 30-01-2021 at 05:01 PM.

This site is so slow.

MOTM contenders
    Ladapo
    Wiles
    Ihiekwe
    Angus
    Vote via twitter

Mine would be Giles

Not the best 1st half, 2nd much better but they were far to good for us this time, miles better at throws ins than us ��
    Last edited by millertop; 30-01-2021 at 05:16 PM.

A good try second half. never got going first half.

Ref wa nk again, Did nowt abouy Ayew elbow into Lyndsays head and also should have had a pen when first Wood was pushed in the back in the pen area and seconds later when Giles was tripped.

Always the same when you play a top team they bring the officials with em to play on their side.

In saying that good goals from them. A lesson in finishing,

Enjoyed Gileses crosses. We have got to learn to get on end of em

MOM Prob Wiles or Giles .

Never mind enough from em today to suggest we can still stop up.

I hate that tw at Houriane always plays well against us as do all ex barnsley players,
    Last edited by rolymiller; 30-01-2021 at 05:15 PM.

A good performance against an excellent side who edged it with that bit of quality.

Probably one of the best sides ive watched this season to be fair.

Onwards we go.

Clinical finishing was the difference today. Although our decent run of results has come to an end it was still a decent performance against a top side. Heads didn't drop after going 2 - 0 down and we almost got back into it at 3 - 1.
    Giles again looked like a great acquisition.

A 3-1 defeat where we didn't really do much wrong. The errors that we did make pretty much all ended up in goals for them (well it felt that way). They didn't seem to do that much throughout the game yet I always felt they would win fairly comfortably, they thought that and I dare say most of our lads did. There was something in the air that resembled inevitability today. Ruthless finishing and they are where they are clearly because of that and the pretty rock solid defence, fair play to them.

Results didn't go our way but win one of the two in hand that we have we will be right in the mix again. Birmingham and QPR most likely to be caught out of everyone.

Giles hugely impressive and should probably start against Derby. Natural width, great crosses, looks great.

Don't feel too down because I think we can keep the momentum going in terms of form, just one of those where we were absolutely punished. You'd normally have to fork out for that kind of treatment, or so I've heard....

We played a quality side today, Millers fans disappointed not getting anything out of the game, but we saw positives in, Giles showing what a prospect he is, coming into the game, a good attacking wing back, then Ladapo getting a goal, will boost his confidence.
    Not many teams will take points from Swansea this season, they are a well organised team.

Onto Tuesday, the game against Derby County, we have shown that we are a battling side, need the 3 points, to carry on the good work from recent games.
    Hopefully we may get recruits in before the deadline, this down to the club, to keep us in the championship.

Not the end of the world, we didn’t play too badly, their finishes were premiership quality.

Think we deserved another goal, play like this every week and we can hope

Swansea had more class, played the ball about well and their finishing was ruthless. Absolutely no doubt they deserved to win that game but we had them rocking a bit at 1-2 and who knows what would have happened if the effort that hit the bar had gone in.
    Nothing to get too down about, we didn't get thrashed and competed throughout in a game we probably expected to lose in all honesty.
    So Derby up next. They've found a bit of form, have some quality players and will know what to expect from us so everyone will have to be at their best if we're going to beat them.

I think the other results were ok where most of them drew. Forest, Brum, Millwall, Cardiff.
    Derby won but they won't be at the bottom
    Wednesday won but they will struggle anyway

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast