+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rams v Brizzle

They looked like the relegation certainties for 29 minutes. We might have been 3 up by then. The one we did get was brilliant in its simplicity and execution. Smooth little move saw the ball arrive at Buchnan's feet and he put the ball exactly where the likes of MOTD pundits would "draw a box" of "this is where the ball should go. Kazim ghosted in behind the defender and put it firmly away.

Bielik's injury. It didn't look good and it would not surprise me one iota to see him out for the season. That's a shame as we appeared to have found the right midfield 3. Bielik, Shinnie in the DM roles and then Bird in the advanced, attacking central role. A win would have seen Bristol still top 6 and they weren't good enough. I felt we went off the boil following Bielik's exit and I think it was the shock of losing him to what looked like a very serious injury that got inside the heads of the players and was why City bossed the remainder of the half. Their reshuffle also helped them get in the saddle in the last third of the 1st half.

They had more possession in the 2nd half (by the end it was 49 - 51) but we still looked the more likely to go home with the points. We had a total 12 shots to their 4. 6 on target to their 2. Yet again we showed what the team is capable of. Can we repeat this against the Millers on Tuesday?

A lot of good performances. I don't think anybody had a bad un. IMO Max Bird was among the best. Absolutely brilliant in that more forward role and still very good when he moved back to replace Bielik as DM. Kazim also had a very good game. I was one of those who questioned the wisdom of bringing in a 1 in 7 striker but added the caveat of "wait and see". I waited and, boy, have I seen. Not just his play but the way he cajoles and instructs his team mates. Do this, go there, well done, hard luck...... humble pie time and I'm happy to devour my slice.

We are not out of the woods by a long chalk but there is every reason to be confident in rising up the table to finsh comfortably in midtable.

The strangest thing at the moment is that prior to the the kick off yesterday I was reasonably certain we'd win. They play a game that we are better at than them. I am not as confident for the game against the Terriers on Tuesday. They play a game that stops us playing and we struggle against that style. I want a win but I'm expecting a draw at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Have heard a Mendez-Laing rumour, Adi.
    Which is a worry, another player with talent that appears to have "issues", was basically sacked by cardiff, given we already ahve lawrence and Ibe isn't this another risky signing if it happens?

Good to hear a couple of very positive reports about Max Bird, MA.
    He’s had a very disappointing season imo and, given the likely seriousness of Bielik’s injury, a return to form might be coming at exactly the right time.
    Can only agree with your comments on CKR and I’d like to see that same mentality and experience arriving to bolster midfield before tomorrow evening.

Hope the injury to Bielik has given the powers that be a bit of a wake up call. We seem happy to sell Evans but a longer term injury to either Wisdom or Clarke would be hugely destabilising for the second half of the season leaving us with only Forsyth as CD cover.

Rooney is talking of four coming in before the ‘window’ shuts. One may be a winger (Mendez Laing?). It’s a lot to ask but, after yesterday, I hope one’s a goal scorer, one’s a midfield enforcer and one can at least provide some CD cover.

As you say, ‘we’re not out of the woods by a long chalk’...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Good to hear a couple of very positive reports about Max Bird, MA.
    He’s had a very disappointing season imo and, given the likely seriousness of Bielik’s injury, a return to form might be coming at exactly the right time.
    Can only agree with your comments on CKR and I’d like to see that same mentality and experience arriving to bolster midfield before tomorrow evening.

Hope the injury to Bielik has given the powers that be a bit of a wake up call. We seem happy to sell Evans but a longer term injury to either Wisdom or Clarke would be hugely destabilising for the second half of the season leaving us with only Forsyth as CD cover.

Rooney is talking of four coming in before the ‘window’ shuts. One may be a winger (Mendez Laing?). It’s a lot to ask but, after yesterday, I hope one’s a goal scorer, one’s a midfield enforcer and one can at least provide some CD cover.

As you say, ‘we’re not out of the woods by a long chalk’...yet.
    I have to say Kazim-Richards has provided the missing ingredient, a combination of experience and leadership which we ahve been lacking so happy to have my doubts proven wrong there, he has gone from a 1 in 7 to 1 in just under 3 games so hats off to him. We still need cover for him as he will not be able to play 90 mins every game and not sure what we would do if injured.

I ahve my doubts about the ex cardiff guy, don't want the team disrupted.

So, based on your doubts about Kaz he should be a good signing then Swale, lol!!
    I think we all had our doubts about the big man but he rates as one of the best value signings we've had for years especially when one considers the likes of Butterfield! Makes you shudder to be reminded!!
    Well done Kaz, you're a true Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    So, based on your doubts about Kaz he should be a good signing then Swale, lol!!
    I think we all had our doubts about the big man but he rates as one of the best value signings we've had for years especially when one considers the likes of Butterfield! Makes you shudder to be reminded!!
    Well done Kaz, you're a true Ram.

Indeed, although Kaz had at least been playing games and it was hIs goal scoring rather than any personality issues that were concerning.

Oh theres are long list of players the club has paid millions for which made one wonder who scouted them!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Indeed, although Kaz had at least been playing games and it was hIs goal scoring rather than any personality issues that were concerning.

Oh theres are long list of players the club has paid millions for which made one wonder who scouted them!
    Baden Powell?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)