+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent Millers exit for Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...with Tilt going out on loan that leaves a lot of spaces to fill in the 25.....
    And still half a season to go

First, thanks Adam for your contribution for helping us gain promotion last season. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for you this season.

All the best to you and your family for the future and trust that it all works out for you at Orient.

Onto who's now left the club. Is that 5 players out on loan or have now left permanently? We've only brought one in!

Ogbene is now out for another 6-8 weeks and is this down to Warne gambling on bringing him, (not spending and using what you've got) back too early and it's now caused him another major set back. Meniscus removal by all accounts, I can see it being more than 6-8 weeks.

There's trimming the squad and covering your game plan. This one seems to be going pear shaped as we are totally relying on who's playing now and staying injury and suspension free. Let us all hope it runs in our favour.

As my mate Frank said, 'I can see it all now. We go down and Warne saying we were banking on Ogbene coming back and it was far too late to bring anyone in on the 11th hour once we learned of his new injury'.

My mate may just be right, another January gone to waste?
    Last edited by Brin; 30-01-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yet the person responsible for not playing him is the same one that’s given him a glowing testimonial
    So what ?
    Warne said he probably wouldn`t play...he didn`t,player wants to move south and play again,so suits everyone.
    Maybe he wasn`t given a chance cos he wasn`t good enough ?
    But that wouldn`t fit in with your Warne downer would it ?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...with Tilt going out on loan that leaves a lot of spaces to fill in the 25.....
    Not really? Assuming Proctor goes out as well before the deadline that leaves us with a 23 man squad by my count?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Not really? Assuming Proctor goes out as well before the deadline that leaves us with a 23 man squad by my count?
    The problem is Ogbene and Mattock might very well be out for the season as well. Would we not be better getting another couple of players in their place and not putting them in the squad. I would doubt very much that either ogbene or Mattock would be up to speed before the end of the season even if they were over their injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    That does sound a lot but not all of them are ready for the first team and some are still out injured so, it's not really a big squad at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12