+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davies to Anfield, Kenny for Parkhead- have we missed out ?

Davies to Anfield, Kenny for Parkhead- have we missed out ?

It doesn’t’t look like we were ever seriously interested in either player. If the shell suited manager, thinks Davies is worth £2m,it’s obviously a situation they’ve taken seriously. As for Kenny, we appear to have been crying out for a right back, since Long John Silver had an egg on his shoulder. It just makes me think even more that deep down we all knew we weren’t really going to sign anyone at all. Being a Burnley fan, it ‘s par for the course, which is gong to make the next 3 months a bit more than interesting.

If we did bring in Kenny - a player I've love to see in a Burnley-shirt doing his magic on the pitch - how realistic would it be for him to actually get playing time now that Lowton and Bardsley are injury-free? As much as it hurts me to say this, I understand Kenny for chosing Celtic if Burnley actuelly were in talks with him. An England international wants minutes, not a dedicated spot on the bench waiting and praying that someone to get injured so he can be considered instead. Which is the case at Burnley under Dyche and I think Kenny saw that.

Business as usual. Why worry?

I did say we would not sign anybody.Ben Davies would have been a good addition especially if Tarks is on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I did say we would not sign anybody.Ben Davies would have been a good addition especially if Tarks is on his way.
    Yes CiB I was amazed Rigg could not be arsed to drive the 20 miles over to Preston and get the Davies deal done a fortnight ago.

But then again...

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    It doesn’t’t look like we were ever seriously interested in either player. If the shell suited manager, thinks Davies is worth £2m,it’s obviously a situation they’ve taken seriously. As for Kenny, we appear to have been crying out for a right back, since Long John Silver had an egg on his shoulder. It just makes me think even more that deep down we all knew we weren’t really going to sign anyone at all. Being a Burnley fan, it ‘s par for the course, which is gong to make the next 3 months a bit more than interesting.
    An against the odds win against Liverpool and Aston Villa has convinced the Burnley power brokers that reinforcements are not needed in order to stay up this season.

I get that but it is by no means certain we will at this stage.

It would have been encouraging to see some more talented youth transferred in from the spare capacity available within the top ten teams in order to groom for the future.

At this moment you would not lay claim that Burnley FC is forward thinking.

It would seem the SD is content to be treading water showing the new ownership that they can be profitable without additional expenditure.

Its a dangerous game if it goes wrong.

I always thought the point of selling the club was to bring in new investment that would be made available to the manager to strengthen the squad. That hasn't happened, we're just as out of our depth in the market as previously. So just what was the point of Garlick selling up ? I'm sure Alto won't be short of a theory or two.

Today is deadline day. With the emphasis in relation to transfer activity at the Turf on dead.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I always thought the point of selling the club was to bring in new investment that would be made available to the manager to strengthen the squad. That hasn't happened, we're just as out of our depth in the market as previously. So just what was the point of Garlick selling up ? I'm sure Alto won't be short of a theory or two.
    I'll post this again sinkov in case you miss it on the other thread...

https://www.sportico.com/business/sa...bt-1234621513/

Looks like ALK do not have a pot to pi$$ in...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll post this again sinkov in case you miss it on the other thread...

https://www.sportico.com/business/sa...bt-1234621513/

Looks like ALK do not have a pot to pi$$ in...
    You couldn’t write it could you BT

It’s all starting to wear a bit thin with me - I’m of the opinion now that we are absolutely rubbish at recruiting players the lad from Preston going to Liverpool for a couple of million is an absolute mockery of us , they admittedly won’t see him as the future but they’re willing to have a go ( we could have bagged him 2 weeks back and let’s be truthful he’d be in our price bracket looking at it ).

This situation for me anyway is getting worse regardless of takeover etc , I think Dyche is maybe as difficult if not more so than Garlick.

I can not and will not accept that there isn’t anyone available to us that would improve our squad from even the lower levels of our leagues never mind the whole of the world.

Question is who’s fibbing the owners saying there is some money available to Dyche or Dyche himself not spending it.

You do start to ask yourself who are we looking at ? I mean if they’re £20 million footballers it’s a dream not reality and if we’re looking at younger up coming players from lower levels why aren’t we getting them.

Some width and pace wouldn’t have gone a miss for me , Brady and Ice man pointless wide men.

I’m absolutely gutted today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)