+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Can loan players signed after 12pm (1/2) play (2/2)?

Question: Can loan players signed after 12pm (1/2) play (2/2)?

Below is an extract from the EFL rule book.

My question is, if I am reading correctly is that our new loan player can’t play against Derby but neither can any of the Derby new signings, on the basis that they were all signed after 12 noon today.

43.8 Subject to Regulations 43.2, 43.3, 43.9 and 57, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if:

43.8.1 the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time) to and received by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match; and confirmed by the League to be in order; and

43.8.2 in respect of any League Match to be played between the date for submission of the Squad List as determined in accordance with Regulation 43.9.4 and the end of the Season, the Player:

(a) is included on the Squad List; or

(b) is not required to be included within the Squad List in accordance with
    Regulation 43.9.2.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-02-2021 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Dangling title

As always we will follow the rule, Derby will find a loophole

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    As always we will follow the rule, Derby will find a loophole
    ...or a wormhole.

Dont forget though lads, there's a difference in when a player "signed" and when it was announced.

Don’t worry fellas we have a big squad

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Don’t worry fellas we have a big squad
    Does it depend when the transfer sheet is submitted to the EFL by the "buying" club, which can be in advance of the deadline?

Also, there is a vague description within clause 43.8.1 in the above relating to this which says ".....are submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time)......"

Usual EFL Clear As Mud Regulations!!

When I said don’t worry we have a big squad I was being sarcastic. Hope I’m wrong but down hill from here . Teams around us have strengthened, we haven’t.

I don't think Wing signed in time. I would guess most of the Derby signings yesterday too late as well. They had about 3 on the dot I'm lead to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    When I said don’t worry we have a big squad I was being sarcastic. Hope I’m wrong but down hill from here . Teams around us have strengthened, we haven’t.
    It was never gonna happen Stoves. It never will.

Even if we do pick up, which i think we will, I can see us needing 55 points to stay up. Thats another 11 winsish. That means 1 in 2 has to be a win. Not impossible but a big ask. I envisage us going down fighting and taking some scalps but wont be enough. Lets hope Im wrong.

There's usually a team that bombs down the league in the last ten games.
    Not guaranteed but that should hopefully help
    Ironically it's usually Derby but from an automatic place and they end up a dismal 9th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast