+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell Away

I think we need to get our Analysis Team to work overtime.
    There is a lot of "what we are doing wrong" to be ironed out.

Just watched Mellon's pre-match interview on DUTV. Probably the first interview I've seen since he arrived where he looked like he was a bit p1ssed off, but in a good way, seemed like he had a bit of fire in his belly. Talked a lot about getting players back like Fuchs, Butcher and Chalmers and how important they'll be to the team. Called Jeando 'unstoppable' which I don't think many will argue with.

One of his sentences I picked up on that maybe had something behind it:

"I've got what I've got to work with. I've got to help and encourage these players to get to the levels that I know they have to get to. Different tactics are fine and we always try to win games but have we got the quality and the ability necessary to do that or do we have to keep working on that to create more chances and defend better?"

Seems like he knows as much as the rest of us that there are areas we are really struggling. But he pointed to how experienced a manager he is in terms of being able to turn it around. To be fair to him I think he's at almost 600 games in management so who are we to judge.

I like watching Micky when he is having a laugh and joking around as he seems like a proper good guy. But I liked seeing him in that interview being a little bit pr1ckly and with a bit of fire in his belly. More of this please.

Also, he was standing on the training ground, in his training gear so I'm not so sure if the whole 'training suspended' rumour has anything to it, but not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I like watching Micky when he is having a laugh and joking around as he seems like a proper good guy. But I liked seeing him in that interview being a little bit pr1ckly and with a bit of fire in his belly. More of this please.
    Maybe he's had the boot up the arse meeting with Ogren, that might focus the mind

really i dont think he has a plan c its same **** 442 or same **** 352 all out of position. Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    really i dont think he has a plan c its same **** 442 or same **** 352 all out of position. Sounds good.
    He doesn't have the players for Plan A never mind Plan C. As he says, he has to work with what he has to work with. If we don't get crowds back into grounds soon, I think a lot of teams are going to hang up their boots for good.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Rumours that our training today was suspended. Not sure why. Assuming Covid related?
    Is there any truth to those rumours ?

Can’t find anything online and it but concerned if it means tomorrow’s match might be impacted

For this game I'd play.

.....................Benji
    Smith Reynolds Connolly Edwards Sporle
    ........... Powers Butcher Fuchs
    ..............McNulty Shankland

A solid 3 centre backs and solid 3 centre mids with onus on defending deep and using the full backs for the counter.

0-1 Shankland.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Is there any truth to those rumours ?

Can’t find anything online and it but concerned if it means tomorrow’s match might be impacted
    I think some fan boy has been over there carrying out their daily exercise, saw the guys going in early and got his sums wrong! Probably went inside to carry out training in the warm!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    For this game I'd play.

.....................Benji
    Smith Reynolds Connolly Edwards Sporle
    ........... Powers Butcher Fuchs
    ..............McNulty Shankland

A solid 3 centre backs and solid 3 centre mids with onus on defending deep and using the full backs for the counter.

0-1 Shankland.
    Would be minded to have Harkes and Appere in place of Powers and McNulty.

Having 3 players so similar in DCM would be too counter productive, 18 yard box to the centre circle would be solid as feck though!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Would be minded to have Harkes and Appere in place of Powers and McNulty.

Having 3 players so similar in DCM would be too counter productive, 18 yard box to the centre circle would be solid as feck though!
    OK Appere for Mcnulty I'll give you but Harkes ain't up for the fight so he's out.........my team my rules. FACT

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)