+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 shot in146 mins of PL football !!

I wouldn't mind Eddie Howe coming back, just to see some decent football for a change.

Stepping out of the real world for a moment I would say Rafa Benitez, but coming back to the real world possibly Chris Hughton would be a good choice.

Be careful what you wish for.I'll be sticking with SD.

Some on here wanted a takeover and look what's happened.Empty vault now,not a Dry Powder storeroom.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.I'll be sticking with SD.

Some on here wanted a takeover and look what's happened.Empty vault now,not a Dry Powder storeroom.
    Wow your a glutton for punishment Barrie

I’ve said before we owe Dyche an awful lot but I’m not sure how we can continue in the same vein as we are.

Have to say after years of crap football at Leeds for years it has been a joy to watch us under Bielsa and even if we hadn’t gone up last year I wouldn’t have minded

Warnock and his brand of football were dire and depressing but at the time you convince yourself it is okay.

You will definitely stay up and if you get a manager who plays decent football no reason you can’t be in that 5th to 12th comfort zone in the prem.

From what I have seen you have some decent players who can play. If you can’t get Howe what about Bilic or even Gerard?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Have to say after years of crap football at Leeds for years it has been a joy to watch us under Bielsa and even if we hadn’t gone up last year I wouldn’t have minded

Warnock and his brand of football were dire and depressing but at the time you convince yourself it is okay.

You will definitely stay up and if you get a manager who plays decent football no reason you can’t be in that 5th to 12th comfort zone in the prem.

From what I have seen you have some decent players who can play. If you can’t get Howe what about Bilic or even Gerard?
    H.. why the PHOOK would they want to come to Burnley when we are owned by Americans who will bleed us dry.. Our best player Tarko will be moving on in the summer and we definitely are a very long way from being safe.. Very worrying times for Clarets fans ..The future is looking dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    H.. why the PHOOK would they want to come to Burnley when we are owned by Americans who will bleed us dry.. Our best player Tarko will be moving on in the summer and we definitely are a very long way from being safe.. Very worrying times for Clarets fans ..The future is looking dodgy.
    Keep the faith Alf - some of the owners we have had in recent times have not been great - it still pains me that Ken B owned us. The fans make the spirit of the club not the transient owner and as such you guys will be fine.

Keep the faith Alf - some of the owners we have had in recent times have not been great - it still pains me that Ken B owned us. The fans make the spirit of the club not the transient owner and as such you guys will be fine.
    This bloody lockdown malarkey and stadium bans has taken the heart and soul that us fans provide out of football. Soulless televised crap is not great is it?

I watched the Spurs v Chelsea game and the Tottenham players had no passion, they played like Zombies, no crowd reaction to inject some life into them.

Liverpool at Anfield without fans is the main reason teams like us and Brighton can do them on their own turf.

These training type games are the reason the league is wide open and every team can beat each other.

Our new owners have not had to experience the ire of 20,000 Clarets Mad Burnley supporters yet.

God help them when they do!

Ever the optimist H..

What we appeared to be told prior to the take over is that the new owners ALK were prepared to invest in the team during the January transfer window, leading to BFC supporters welcoming the new owners. In reality would appear that after their takeover we are several million pounds down, as they appear to have used what money the club had to pay out the old owners. personally I think that is asset stripping.
    We also heard prior to the takeover was that the then current board of directors were looking to make sure the future of BFC was ensured. Since we now appear to have hardly any money and can hardly score goals I think the future of BFC is anything but secure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)