+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Chesterfield FC

O/T Chesterfield FC

According to reports in the press , a small number of the clubs players and staff were offered , and accepted COVID jabs
    Contrary to government guide lines. I’m not convinced this was the only option to use surplus vaccines before they became unusable , but what’s more of an issue is that a club spokesman said that no fault should be apportioned to the players involved, that they had to follow the clubs orders to be injected, if this is true would it not go against any individuals rights to refuse the jab? And if it is true why can’t the NHS staff and carers who are refusing to be vaccinated be made to do so?

It’s understandable some are angry but threatening them I’d disgusting

How come they had some left that would’ve been wasted?

Link not working.
    A medical centre received angry calls and one staff member was threatened after players at a nearby football club were given Covid vaccines.
    Chesterfield FC said some players and staff, "most of them vulnerable", were given jabs to stop them being wasted.
    However, the medical centre which gave the vaccines has received dozens of angry phone calls since news of the vaccinations appeared in the media.
    One threatened a female member of staff, saying he knew where she lived.
    The woman has reported the threat to Derbyshire Police, which has confirmed it is investigating.
    Covid-19 vaccines: Is it OK to get a leftover jab?
    Covid vaccine update: Those that work - and the others on the way
    Is the Covid vaccine safe?
    She told the BBC: "My personal details have been put out and I've actually had threats because of this. I got a call saying they knew where I and my family live and to get ready.
    "I'm trying to do my job and I've had almost 40 calls this morning. People are phoning the surgery to complain about what's happened because it's been misinterpreted by a reporter who rang me yesterday and was really aggressive.
    "It's become very upsetting. I've been on to the police this morning trying to deal with the threats. It's not nice."
    She said the players and staff members were given the Pfizer vaccine, which is stored at sub-zero temperatures and has to be used up after being thawed.
    It comes after a thousand doses of Pfizer vaccine - worth £12,000 - had to be thrown away in Warwickshire because a parcel was left unrefrigerated for two-and-a-half hours.
    "They are very precious vaccines and we are trying desperately not to waste them," said the NHS staff member who was threatened.
    "They had to get there within 15 minutes or it would have gone down the drain.
    "We're working 12 hours a day, seven days a week to try and get this done and all of that work has been overshadowed by this."
    The National League club has provided testing facilities at its stadium during the pandemic and is in discussions about it being used as a vaccination centre.
    The PA news agency said it understands three players and three members of staff were given vaccines, but the club has not confirmed this figure.
    A spokesman for the football club said: "A small number of Chesterfield players and staff - most of whom are classed as vulnerable people - have received the Covid-19 vaccine.
    "In line with the NHS directive - that doctors and staff have the discretion to ensure that they can make full use of any unused vaccines, rather than have any go to waste - the people concerned were called at very short notice to receive the vaccine.
    "They were only contacted after the surgery had exhausted all other viable options. Those involved were keen that these vaccines were not wasted, which would have been the case had they not received them."
    NHS Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) said it was investigating the circumstances surrounding what happened.
    Last edited by millertop; 04-02-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s understandable some are angry but threatening them I’d disgusting

How come they had some left that would’ve been wasted?

Link not working.

It is disgusting, but thats todays society Im afraid, but the point I was getting at is the fact that the club say that the players would have been ordered to have the jabs, if so its a first time that a player has done what he's been told to do !!
    A medical centre received angry calls and one staff member was threatened after players at a nearby football club were given Covid vaccines.
    Chesterfield FC said some players and staff, "most of them vulnerable", were given jabs to stop them being wasted.
    However, the medical centre which gave the vaccines has received dozens of angry phone calls since news of the vaccinations appeared in the media.
    One threatened a female member of staff, saying he knew where she lived.
    The woman has reported the threat to Derbyshire Police, which has confirmed it is investigating.
    Covid-19 vaccines: Is it OK to get a leftover jab?
    Covid vaccine update: Those that work - and the others on the way
    Is the Covid vaccine safe?
    She told the BBC: "My personal details have been put out and I've actually had threats because of this. I got a call saying they knew where I and my family live and to get ready.
    "I'm trying to do my job and I've had almost 40 calls this morning. People are phoning the surgery to complain about what's happened because it's been misinterpreted by a reporter who rang me yesterday and was really aggressive.
    "It's become very upsetting. I've been on to the police this morning trying to deal with the threats. It's not nice."
    She said the players and staff members were given the Pfizer vaccine, which is stored at sub-zero temperatures and has to be used up after being thawed.
    It comes after a thousand doses of Pfizer vaccine - worth £12,000 - had to be thrown away in Warwickshire because a parcel was left unrefrigerated for two-and-a-half hours.
    "They are very precious vaccines and we are trying desperately not to waste them," said the NHS staff member who was threatened.
    "They had to get there within 15 minutes or it would have gone down the drain.
    "We're working 12 hours a day, seven days a week to try and get this done and all of that work has been overshadowed by this."
    The National League club has provided testing facilities at its stadium during the pandemic and is in discussions about it being used as a vaccination centre.
    The PA news agency said it understands three players and three members of staff were given vaccines, but the club has not confirmed this figure.
    A spokesman for the football club said: "A small number of Chesterfield players and staff - most of whom are classed as vulnerable people - have received the Covid-19 vaccine.
    "In line with the NHS directive - that doctors and staff have the discretion to ensure that they can make full use of any unused vaccines, rather than have any go to waste - the people concerned were called at very short notice to receive the vaccine.
    "They were only contacted after the surgery had exhausted all other viable options. Those involved were keen that these vaccines were not wasted, which would have been the case had they not received them."
    NHS Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) said it was investigating the circumstances surrounding what happened.
    It is disgusting, but thats todays society Im afraid, but the point I was getting at is the fact that the club say that the players would have been ordered to have the jabs, if so its a first time that a player has done what he's been told to do !! Plus you wouldn't expect the surgery involved to say" its a fair cop Guv' we had some jabs left and my hubbies a season ticket holder with the Spirerites and im going to be late with his tea again "
    Last edited by LincsMiller; 04-02-2021 at 10:04 PM.

believe it or not. theycan be charged with assult and battery.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    believe it or not. theycan be charged with assult and battery.
    Shouldn't this be on your electric car thread?

oops .

no

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    no
    just a joke crash

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    It is disgusting, but thats todays society Im afraid, but the point I was getting at is the fact that the club say that the players would have been ordered to have the jabs, if so its a first time that a player has done what he's been told to do !! Plus you wouldn't expect the surgery involved to say" its a fair cop Guv' we had some jabs left and my hubbies a season ticket holder with the Spirerites and im going to be late with his tea again "
    I agree no one should be forced, there’s a business (forgot name now if it was named) that said they’ll be putting it in all employees contract that they have to have the jab, ridiculous even if I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want the jab in the first place

For the vaccine to be truly effective we need a 70% take up rate, spare vaccines exist because sometimes people just don’t turn up for whatever reason.

Having said that, no one can surely be “ordered” to take it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast