+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 235 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Todays big news for me is that Wuhan was not ground zero for this damn Virus. Always thought it was circulating prior to its discovery there and the Chinese were the only ones who didnt think was just another virus!

99.7% (99.6) of older adults care home residents, 90% staff.
    93% of all adults care home residents, 78% staff.
    96% (95) of over 80s in the community.
    75% (67) of 75-79s in the community.
    37% (29) of 70-74s in the community.

Add to that with 60-69s in the community and younger virus vulnerable also getting vaccines, it really is a phenomenal achievement, but im sure Ruth will find something to moan about tomorrow!
    Plenty questions soon?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...endence-party/

Todays big news for me is that Wuhan was not ground zero for this damn Virus. Always thought it was circulating prior to its discovery there and the Chinese were the only ones who didnt think was just another virus!
    Well, that's not really what's being reported. They are saying it didn't come from a lab in China. It's the Chinese that are suggesting it was imported via frozen fish to Wuhan.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Well, that's not really what's being reported. They are saying it didn't come from a lab in China. It's the Chinese that are suggesting it was imported via frozen fish to Wuhan.
    Good story eh?......"no, it didn't come from China, it came from another country"......Okay, so why is there no traces of it prior to Wuhan if it came from another country?....."umm, because it came via frozen fish". 😂😂😂

What do you find inaccurate in what i wrote?

From what i remember of the BBC report last night, the WHO have found there was no evidence of animals carrying this virus so no transfer to humans in the wet market, but the virus was transmitting between people there, along with some community transmission, and there are no records to say some mad scientist was working on this virus, or dropped a bottle of Covid in the community just to see what would happen. That led me to summarise that Wuhan was not Ground Zero in this! After that, i am just expressing my opinion that this virus was in circulation before then.

The frozen food suggestion though does carry some weight as there was a family outbreak in New Zealand when they had no domestic cases, with no travel or community transfer, and that was attributed to frozen food packaging.

Although i am inclined to agree with a comment elsewhere about a clean up, there is enough out there for me to keep an open mind as well, especially when this virus has mutated as it has recently.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Good story eh?......"no, it didn't come from China, it came from another country"......Okay, so why is there no traces of it prior to Wuhan if it came from another country?....."umm, because it came via frozen fish". ������
    Because nae other fecker bothered to look past just another virus and test for it?

Because nae other fecker bothered to look past just another virus and test for it?
    Damn those peski fish for not testing each other, huh? 😂

What do you find inaccurate in what i wrote?

From what i remember of the BBC report last night, the WHO have found there was no evidence of animals carrying this virus so no transfer to humans in the wet market, but the virus was transmitting between people there, along with some community transmission, and there are no records to say some mad scientist was working on this virus, or dropped a bottle of Covid in the community just to see what would happen. That led me to summarise that Wuhan was not Ground Zero in this! After that, i am just expressing my opinion that this virus was in circulation before then.

The frozen food suggestion though does carry some weight as there was a family outbreak in New Zealand when they had no domestic cases, with no travel or community transfer, and that was attributed to frozen food packaging.

Although i am inclined to agree with a comment elsewhere about a clean up, there is enough out there for me to keep an open mind as well, especially when this virus has mutated as it has recently.
    You paraphrased and said China was not ground zero for the virus but I haven't seen anywhere that this is disputed (aside from the Chinese themselves). Given how infectious this virus is, it seems pretty unlikely it's came from somewhere else first?
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 10-02-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Captain ****ing Birdseye. Might hae kent. Fish fingers are aff.

You paraphrased and said China was not ground zero for the virus but I haven't seen anywhere that this is disputed (aside from the Chinese themselves). Given how infectious this virus is, it seems pretty unlikely it's came from somewhere else first?
    I dont think i am understanding what you are getting at here?

The only evidence we have to say that Covid-19 "started" in Wuhan is it was discovered there because they sought an answer for the reason they had so many pneumonia type cases. That doesnt make Wuhan Ground Zero, as "given how infectious this virus is", i would add in how readily it mutates means to me that there is too much of a chance that a less dangerous mutation of this virus was in widespread circulation, could have been taken there, mutated and became what it is now.

Yes, i am using could haves in here, but to me, until someone comes up with the definitive evidence to say so, its only a could have for Wuhan being ground zero.

The only definitive evidence there is at the moment says the first cases of this were found in Wuhan, no?

Page 13 of 235 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)