+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 138 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Passport vaccines are unworkable domestically, certainly up here. For some reason in Scotland, nobody has been given a vaccination card while in contrast in the rest of the UK, each person has been given a card with their name, date of birth, date of first vaccination, date of second and type and batch date of vaccination given. I asked about this when I got my first shot and was told by the vaccinator that this was not being done up here. I have no idea why not because it’s quick, cheap, easy to distribute and although there were no plans for ‘passports’ at the time, it could (maybe should) have been seen as a valuable option moving forward to cover any future potential bases. There’s no way now that retrospectively you can have 2,500,000 people phoning their respective GPs for a vaccine certificate just so they can go to the pictures. It clearly would be chaos. It could potentially happen down south though as they have the vaccine cards butI think it will come down to individual businesses and not be a blanket legal requirement.

It will be different for international travel though - that will undoubtedly require vaccination and certification/proof of it. And correctly so.
    If everyone can get vaccine certificate/proof for international travel can't see why they can't get it for national travel pubs etc?There was mention while ago about doctors charging people for certificates/proof the had their vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm not so sure about vaccine passports TBH. On the face of it they seem a good idea but, ultimately, could prove meaningless if new strains appear (for instance). Then you are into a which vaccine did you get scenarios et cetera. The thing to do is vaccinate the whole population (or as much as possible) and get on with things. This is a virus that we are going to need to live with now going forward.

I think, once all restrictions are lifted, most businesses will go back to the way things were. It may be in a few years time but that's what I reckon will happen.
    I don't think so. I agree with Chick, if businesses can work in the long term with people working from home they will do it. They will need much smaller office spaces and it will cost them much less which is always the bottom line. I think home working will be the norm in the future for companies that can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    If everyone can get vaccine certificate/proof for international travel can't see why they can't get it for national travel pubs etc?There was mention while ago about doctors charging people for certificates/proof the had their vaccines.
    Because of the numbers. It’s one thing phoning up your GP for a Covid vacc. cert. for international travel. But if it was opened up that everyone needed one for the basics of domestic life, then the volume of phone calls that GP surgeries would have to take to deal with such requests would be totally unviable. And that’s before you get to the processing, production and subsequent issuing of such paperwork. It cannot be overestimated how Primary Care Services have been affected by the pandemic. They are currently in absolutely no position to be processing mass Covid vaccination certificates.

Passport vaccines are unworkable domestically, certainly up here. For some reason in Scotland, nobody has been given a vaccination card while in contrast in the rest of the UK, each person has been given a card with their name, date of birth, date of first vaccination, date of second and type and batch date of vaccination given. I asked about this when I got my first shot and was told by the vaccinator that this was not being done up here. I have no idea why not because it’s quick, cheap, easy to distribute and although there were no plans for ‘passports’ at the time, it could (maybe should) have been seen as a valuable option moving forward to cover any future potential bases. There’s no way now that retrospectively you can have 2,500,000 people phoning their respective GPs for a vaccine certificate just so they can go to the pictures. It clearly would be chaos. It could potentially happen down south though as they have the vaccine cards butI think it will come down to individual businesses and not be a blanket legal requirement.

It will be different for international travel though - that will undoubtedly require vaccination and certification/proof of it. And correctly so.
    The cards that they are giving out elsewhere won't be the vaccine passports. How easy would it be to forge a wee paper card? If they brought in vaccine passports it would be online, using smartphones with an app. This also throws up problems with older people who might not even own a smartphone.

Because of the numbers. It’s one thing phoning up your GP for a Covid vacc. cert. for international travel. But if it was opened up that everyone needed one for the basics of domestic life, then the volume of phone calls that GP surgeries would have to take to deal with such requests would be totally unviable. And that’s before you get to the processing, production and subsequent issuing of such paperwork. It cannot be overestimated how Primary Care Services have been affected by the pandemic. They are currently in absolutely no position to be processing mass Covid vaccination certificates.
    Think if we are paying doctor say £50 a certificate they will find a way.Think will be on you'r medical record when you got jab and which one you got so don't think it would be massive job for some office junior to fill certificates in and take you'r money.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Think if we are paying doctor say £50 a certificate they will find a way.Think will be on you'r medical record when you got jab and which one you got so don't think it would be massive job for some office junior to fill certificates in and take you'r money.
    GPs are engaged enough with dealing with the pandemic as it is. Trust me, it’s not simple and it would be a massive job and right now they are in no position to be able to engage with certificate issuing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    The cards that they are giving out elsewhere won't be the vaccine passports. How easy would it be to forge a wee paper card? If they brought in vaccine passports it would be online, using smartphones with an app. This also throws up problems with older people who might not even own a smartphone.
    Yes, most likely. And as I mentioned earlier that’s why I can’t see how this can be made a legal requirement as if it were then facilities would have to be in place to make it bulletproof and accessible to all and as you say that may be fraught with issues. However, if an individual business owner makes it a requirement that to enter their premises you have to show your vaccine card, that’s up them and they can’t be stopped from doing it.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 03-04-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Yes like me mate i still have an old Nokia,great phone though.

GPs are engaged enough with dealing with the pandemic as it is. Trust me, it’s not simple and it would be a massive job and right now they are in no position to be able to engage with certificate issuing.
    Don't think it would take doctors time think office junior or someone like that would be dealing with it to be fair if they had to take someone on temperary to fill in and send out certificates don't think that would be massive problem for them if they were being paid enough.

Yes, most likely. And as I mentioned earlier that’s why I can’t see how this can be made a legal requirement as if it were then facilities would have to be in place to make it bulletproof and accessible to all and as you say that may be fraught with issues. However, if an individual business owner makes it a requirement that to enter their premises you have to show your vaccine card, that’s up them and they can’t be stopped from doing it.
    That would be pretty pointless for idividual business owner to demand people show cards if no one has a card and can't get from doctors?Don't think their business would last long.

Page 138 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)