+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighton will fancy a win this Saturday.

Brighton will fancy a win this Saturday.

This weekends game could not have come at a worse time for the Clarets. One team feeling pretty confident, after two excellent results,against one team which would have more chance of finding the net with sprouts inside.Games against a City will not define our season, but games against the likes of Brighton will. Graham Potter ,has made a couple of signings, which has seen them playing with more confidence. Compare that to a shot shy Clarets team, giving their loyal fans nothing to cheer about , as we face a testing month of fixtures. A win is ***** for both teams, more so ,the Clarets. How SD is going to get his team into an attacking mode , I just do not know. Unlike the new owners and SD himself, the fans deserve better, a lot better than the garbage which is being served up right now. Do the hierarchy want to stay in this league or not ? It’s a pity they couldn’t just come out and explain to all of us, just what the future will bring. The cream has gone sour since the turn of the year, it’s about time it was looking tastier.

If we beat Brighton we'll be 11 points clear. "The cream has gone sour since the turn of the year". Well we've played 6 league games in 2021. 3 against Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea and picked up 6 points in those 6 games. Let's have some perspective. We were bottom with 1 point from 6 games (and 2 from 7). Now we have 22 from 21 games. I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    This weekends game could not have come at a worse time for the Clarets. One team feeling pretty confident, after two excellent results,against one team which would have more chance of finding the net with sprouts inside.Games against a City will not define our season, but games against the likes of Brighton will. Graham Potter ,has made a couple of signings, which has seen them playing with more confidence. Compare that to a shot shy Clarets team, giving their loyal fans nothing to cheer about , as we face a testing month of fixtures. A win is ***** for both teams, more so ,the Clarets. How SD is going to get his team into an attacking mode , I just do not know. Unlike the new owners and SD himself, the fans deserve better, a lot better than the garbage which is being served up right now. Do the hierarchy want to stay in this league or not ? It’s a pity they couldn’t just come out and explain to all of us, just what the future will bring. The cream has gone sour since the turn of the year, it’s about time it was looking tastier.
    I have to agree with a Brighton win.

They at least attack and have players that can play a bit.

The hierarchy want to stay in this league but can handle a drop.

There seems to be some super optimistic belief that if relegated we will come right back.

What, with a team of 34 year old's?

Right.

The truly sad thing for me is that I expect Brighton will win as well.

Relegation is not an option, they'll use the parachute payments to service the debt and we'll never bounce back as we'll have to sell our best players. We need to win games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Relegation is not an option, they'll use the parachute payments to service the debt and we'll never bounce back as we'll have to sell our best players. We need to win games like this.
    When the clamour to get shut of the old Board of Directors became a cacophony, I constantly warned of what might happen and advocated in being careful what we wished for.

Mike Garlick and John Banaszkiewicz have now put the club in a very vulnerable financial situation. Enjoy your lucre guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When the clamour to get shut of the old Board of Directors became a cacophony, I constantly warned of what might happen and advocated in being careful what we wished for.
    Aye BT, and now the clamour is to get rid of Sean Dyche. I can only repeat you sage advice mon ami, be careful what you wish for.

Whether Dyche stays or goes is not important to me, I want to see out team trying to score goals as well as defending. Would really like him to change from his stubborn tactics and try to win games from the start, which would be the ideal solution. Hopefully we can manage to stay in the Premier League this season and use the summer to improve our team.

Think Brighton will struggle against you - you should get three points - I would bet money on Wood scoring too

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Aye BT, and now the clamour is to get rid of Sean Dyche. I can only repeat you sage advice mon ami, be careful what you wish for.
    Anybody with a serious knowledge of the game would know if we pitted our best eleven players against Citeh's best eleven and played an open, attacking game we would get beaten by a cricket score.

Sean Dyche knows his job inside out and plays with the resources to hand. As you know sinkov, I have been to almost every game home and away under his tenure and apart from his early baptism I have never heard any adverse chants from Burnley supporters aimed towards him.

It seems strange to me that fans are now calling for his head. If he goes all I can see is another 15 consecutive seasons in the Championship at best.

Armchair fans seriously do my head in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)