+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross County Away

Ross County Away

What chances of the game being on tomorrow? Dingwall weather likely to be better than here but looking at forecast getting up the A9 is not going to be easy tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    What chances of the game being on tomorrow? Dingwall weather likely to be better than here but looking at forecast getting up the A9 is not going to be easy tomorrow?
    Noah will be gutted.

Hope it’s on. Got the pies and the beer in already!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Noah will be gutted.
    You’ll need his Ark

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    You’ll need his Ark
    H-ark-es and Cl-ark-e will be there!

Don't usually buy the "this is a must win game" stuff when there's loads of games left in the season, but this one is massive. Plus we've probably lost all the previous must win games and are still 7th....somehow.

Lose this and it'll really hit home that we're in a relegation fight (if it's not obvious already). Not only will our horrendous run continue and sap more confidence, but it'll mean County will only be 2 points off us. They've had an awful season and would be within touching distance. Plus Hamilton have 2 games in hand and you know they'll pick up a win somewhere, they always seem to.

At least Well have Celtic and Hamilton have Rangers!

MM saying Fuchs is an injury doubt for the match tomorrow. Ffs. Last thing we need. That did look like a sore one he took late on. Maybe just a contact injury and they are being cautious.

And sometimes ,when a team is soooooo far ahead (remember us? ) they begin to relax a wee bit, and you can end up with a few surprise results (remember us? ) getting beat by teams at the bottom end of the table. (remember us? )

Memories are not always a good thing.

Yes this falls into the must win/six pointer category, and not just in terms of how close we are in the table. A draw for County midweek would have made a draw more acceptable, but now, given I cant see where we will win any further games up to split, win tomorrow could be the difference between us on the back of a confidence winning result eeking out a few more draws and going into split with maybe 3-5 lead over them, or being behind County at the split.

I would just go with 5 at the back and pack our team with combative players to protect them i.e. Butcher, Fuchs, prob Pawlett to link with front two from midfield, as even when we try and play attacking formations we create absolutely nothing, we aren't going to outscore anyone 4-3, so best just to try stop leaking goals and try nick something, two up front, no Clark in midfield. Twenty mins to go you can introduce some more attacking players when a bit more space in game.

Regards Fuchs being potentially injured, having been out a spell, I was watching the game midweek thinking sub him after 75 mins he looks like he is struggling and the game on Sat is bigger.

Would love to come on tonight full of confidence but i cannie.They have strengthened in January as we all knew they would.Their chairman is FN loaded and whilst our's is moaniing about the team he bought actually playing football Ross County lend out their testing machine to other Highland club's and just get on with it.
    They are a very unpredictable team who on their day have beaten Hibs away and hammered the Sheep 4-1 at home.It should not be forgotten however that they have only won twice at home all season and even under Hughes their achilles heel is at the back,they have conceded 17 goals in 9 games since the new manager took over.
    Both teams this season have scored 21 goals in 27 games but tellingly they have conceded 51 goals to our 38 that can be balanced with current form(Last 5) where they have picked up 6 points from 15 with 2 wins whereas we have 2/15 with no wins.
    I would suggest the best way to go about this game would be just to go for it from the whistle but i'm not confident that Micky will share my view,if we can learn to defend set pieces and crosses we definitely have a chance,Hughes will instruct his team to fire in crosses at will and if we have learned lessons from the past 3 games there is an outside chance it could be a frustrating afternoon for the Staggies.
    It would also be very helpful if Connolly and Fuchs are both available and i suspect Hughes will start the giant Jordan White up front.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)