+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Has he been sacked yet? Disgraceful if he has not been.
    It will be announced beginning of next week
    The club have agreement that Alex Ferguson will return as manager and prove you right as to how easy it is to win the league
    They have also agreed that he can enjoy his birthday celebrations tomorrow before he travels north

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    It will be announced beginning of next week
    The club have agreement that Alex Ferguson will return as manager and prove you right as to how easy it is to win the league
    They have also agreed that he can enjoy his birthday celebrations tomorrow before he travels north
    Great, that has made my day. It’s about time we see a real manager at the helm again.

Personally I think it would be best to return to a proper training regime of 2 hours in the morning spent running up and down the broad hill and along the beach followed by an afternoon in the the pub and the bookies.

I can't remember Davie Robb missing a game because he was " fatigued " or " he felt his hamstring "

Managers should be just there to pick the team and shout at the players at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Personally I think it would be best to return to a proper training regime of 2 hours in the morning spent running up and down the broad hill and along the beach followed by an afternoon in the the pub and the bookies.

I can't remember Davie Robb missing a game because he was " fatigued " or " he felt his hamstring "

Managers should be just there to pick the team and shout at the players at half time.

You are maybe onto something because I certainly don’t remember players being out for a while with pulled muscles etc. How our current lot can be “fatigued” is beyond me…they don’t look like they put in enough effort to reach that.

We should look at our sports science jobs at the club and make wholesale changes. Our players obviously aren’t fit enough physically and mentally.

Aye like get rid of "sports science "

Making the players wear a bra doesn't seem to help.

Get rid of the gym too, that's got a lot to answer for.

Right, my post was a bit of a joke, it's not going to happen.

But, in my young day, if you pulled a muscle or got a hamstring injury then it was deemed your own fault for not warming up properly.
    Which really meant a couple of stretches while having a final fag before kick off.

I firmly believe that too much work in the gym is the cause of so many shïtey injuries.

Over developed muscles being too much for tendons etc.

You don't really need to show your physique to win a midfield battle.
    Hard bästards don't feel the need to show each other their muscles.

Billy Bremner was 5' 5"

He ruled the midfield then and he would rule the midfield now.

I assume that the only reason that Cantwin hasn't been fired yet is that Cormack is still dithering about who the new manager will be.

Aye like get rid of "sports science "

Making the players wear a bra doesn't seem to help.

Get rid of the gym too, that's got a lot to answer for.

Right, my post was a bit of a joke, it's not going to happen.

But, in my young day, if you pulled a muscle or got a hamstring injury then it was deemed your own fault for not warming up properly.
    Which really meant a couple of stretches while having a final fag before kick off.

I firmly believe that too much work in the gym is the cause of so many shïtey injuries.

Over developed muscles being too much for tendons etc.

You don't really need to show your physique to win a midfield battle.
    Hard bästards don't feel the need to show each other their muscles.

Billy Bremner was 5' 5"

He ruled the midfield then and he would rule the midfield now.
    You may well be on to something there DD, King Joey's match prep was to do as little as possible at training, And 6/7 pints in the Clover Leaf the night before a game.

I always believe we should be looking for improvement all the time. If a player like say Stewart (an example) comes to the club to improve our dodgy defence and starts off reasonably well but then falters as the season goes on then we wouldn’t hesitate to replace him with someone more adequate. Same should stand for the manager who in reality is the major cog in how we operate as a team. He didn’t start off well, had a few winning results against small teams in the league cup and has now blew up and looks lost since the World Cup. There is nothing wrong with looking for a better manager….get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    You may well be on to something there DD, King Joey's match prep was to do as little as possible at training, And 6/7 pints in the Clover Leaf the night before a game.

The Waterton as far as I can remember.

The Waterton as far as I can remember.
    Probably both, Clover leaf definitely cuz I was speaking to him there when I spilled a whole pint over Arthur Graham ! Then pile on to the waiting bus to take us to the Douglas Hotel. 71/72 ish.

Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast