+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vydra

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He needs game time Casper, 6 or 7 full starts and we would have a real star on our hands but he really does not play or suit "Dycheball".
    I like Sean BT, as you will know, I'm confident that the day he leaves is the day we start to tumble down the leagues, and god knows where we'll end up, I can even forgive him the dire football that pisses off so many of our fans, he does what it says on tin, and keeps us in the PL, which keeps the money rolling in for his employers.

BUT, I do not understand why he will not give Vydra the extended run that could allow him to flourish at this level, the lad clearly needs a boost to his confidence, some faith being shown in him, he clearly offers something none of our other strikers does, he can score goals, he's been prolific at times in his career. It might need a tweak or two to the system to accommodate him, but when the goals have dried up like they have done this season, maybe the system needs a tweak anyway. If it's not happening after 6/7 games then fair enough, but what is there to lose at the moment, none of Wood, Barnes or Jay are terrorising defences, so he can hardly be more ineffective than those three. But Sean just doesn't want to know. On most things Sean can do no wrong for me, but he's got me beat on Vydra.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like Sean BT, as you will know, I'm confident that the day he leaves is the day we start to tumble down the leagues, and god knows where we'll end up, I can even forgive him the dire football that pisses off so many of our fans, he does what it says on tin, and keeps us in the PL, which keeps the money rolling in for his employers.

BUT, I do not understand why he will not give Vydra the extended run that could allow him to flourish at this level, the lad clearly needs a boost to his confidence, some faith being shown in him, he clearly offers something none of our other strikers does, he can score goals, he's been prolific at times in his career. It might need a tweak or two to the system to accommodate him, but when the goals have dried up like they have done this season, maybe the system needs a tweak anyway. If it's not happening after 6/7 games then fair enough, but what is there to lose at the moment, none of Wood, Barnes or Jay are terrorising defences, so he can hardly be more ineffective than those three. But Sean just doesn't want to know. On most things Sean can do no wrong for me, but he's got me beat on Vydra.
    I hate to say this, but I agree with all of that. Every bit.

He had a great second half yesterday and the whole team looked like they enjoyed playing that type of footy. Just bonging longs balls into the box simply hasn't worked this season but yesterday we looked very creative - especially Vydra, JBG and... Matty Lowton.

We played like that without Taylor, Brady JRod and Brownhill.

It proved to me that we CAN play more expansive footy with the squad we have.

Has Sean been on the road to Damascus?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I hate to say this, but I agree with all of that. Every bit.

He had a great second half yesterday and the whole team looked like they enjoyed playing that type of footy. Just bonging longs balls into the box simply hasn't worked this season but yesterday we looked very creative - especially Vydra, JBG and... Matty Lowton.

We played like that without Taylor, Brady JRod and Brownhill.

It proved to me that we CAN play more expansive footy with the squad we have.

Has Sean been on the road to Damascus?
    I hope Dyche has seen the light, but I suspect that as soon as Wood is fit again we will be back to Dycheball.

I just wish he had put away one of those chances to get the monkey off his back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You stick to making those fabulous Sticky Toffee Puddings Casper, and leave the player analysis to this forum's number one football expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I think you are right BT. Alto knows his onions.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    There is a good footballer there, if given the favouritism others get and Dyche plays him for half a dozen games he'll stop snatching at chances, as others above have said he gives more than our other forwards in that he runs into space, is tricky when dribbling and can spot a good pass as was witnessed yesterday, he makes things happen and makes me sit up when he gets the ball which is more than Barnes, JayRod or Wood do.
    Couldn't agree more.

I like JayRod but am beginning to prefer Virdra.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

I like JayRod but am beginning to prefer Virdra.
    I think JRod has the same prob as Vydra. Before he came back to us he was averaging a goal almost every 3 games and almost managed that last season but being dropped to the bench he has lost his sharpness and is snatching at his chances.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)