+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT/ Coonsul and the roads the day

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Dens remained playable every fortnight though.
    Dundee as I remember it went into hibernation during the winter of '63. Maybe somebody should give them a wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Dundee as I remember it went into hibernation during the winter of '63. Maybe somebody should give them a wake up call.
    Sleeping giant. Comatose for 60 years. Switch the life support off doctor 😁

How dare the cooncil no have every road cleared and salted even if it is still sna'ing
    well considering it was forecast whats the excuse? SNP for ya though eh...

How'd the cooncils doon in merrry England get on? Take it there are nae roads blocked doon there and all is hunky dory. If not I suppose its all the SNPs fault fir that in' a

How'd the cooncils doon in merrry England get on? Take it there are nae roads blocked doon there and all is hunky dory. If not I suppose its all the SNPs fault fir that in' a
    In general the Scottish authorities are far better placed to deal with snow as it's much more common up here. However, I actually agree with you, they can only do so much. I guess folk are asking questions as a main bus route like Buttars Loan has problems. That is more unusual.

Eldest daughter tried and failed to get her car moving this morning so walked to work because no busses on. Schools are open still though which i really dont understand!

I have managed to drive from one end of Dundee to the other this morning and the busses were on.Fair enough the roads were not great but all passable.With the amount of snow through the night that is some achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have managed to drive from one end of Dundee to the other this morning and the busses were on.Fair enough the roads were not great but all passable.With the amount of snow through the night that is some achievement.
    I can't get out my street. Cars and vans trying to move but skidding,folk digging them out with snow shovels, it's hilarious.

The number 17 bus to Whitfield isn't getting into Whitfield and the number 28 bus to Douglas isn't getting into Douglas.........go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I can't get out my street. Cars and vans trying to move but skidding,folk digging them out with snow shovels, it's hilarious.

The number 17 bus to Whitfield isn't getting into Whitfield and the number 28 bus to Douglas isn't getting into Douglas.........go figure.
    I seen a bus at the ASDA Milton no sure what number that is though mate,the 22 on the Strathie and a Kirkton bus on Old Glamis Rd. The hardest bit as you say though is getting out of the side roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

I just seen the local farmer pulling an articulated lorry past the house with his tractor. I assume the lorry was trying to get here to collect eggs (I live beside a farm).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)