+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Chelsea

NUFC vs Chelsea

Bruce, in his pre-Chelsea press conference, said that we were a team which is "halfway"...then instantly corrected it to "in the bottom half". He's in denial-which is particularly worrying. I think he genuinely believes we're not in trouble.

I'll be astonished if we don't lose this. As the poorest of a bad bunch, I'd put Gayle up top to replace Wilson and Fraser and Maxi wide with Miggy behind Gayle. Luckily, we don't have to worry about him selecting Hendrick so hopefully it's Hayden and Wilock. Fernandez and Clark in the middle with Lewis and Krafth at full back.

Yes, I know there's more chance of Myleene....etc.....but we might as well have a go, the reason being that it's almost a free shot. Out of the 75 points available over our 25 PL meetings, we've managed....

9 Nine points out of 75 so why not have a go, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Bruce, in his pre-Chelsea press conference, said that we were a team which is "halfway"...then instantly corrected it to "in the bottom half". He's in denial-which is particularly worrying. I think he genuinely believes we're not in trouble.

I'll be astonished if we don't lose this. As the poorest of a bad bunch, I'd put Gayle up top to replace Wilson and Fraser and Maxi wide with Miggy behind Gayle. Luckily, we don't have to worry about him selecting Hendrick so hopefully it's Hayden and Wilock. Fernandez and Clark in the middle with Lewis and Krafth at full back.

Yes, I know there's more chance of Myleene....etc.....but we might as well have a go, the reason being that it's almost a free shot. Out of the 75 points available over our 25 PL meetings, we've managed....

Just nothing more to lose. May as well go down trying rather than giving up like wimps.

They say God loves a trier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

whoever he starts up front, it is their chance to get a run in the side, Wilson out for 8 weeks.

You're right about Bruce, he is completely in denial that we are in trouble.

If we somehow managed to get anything out of this then it would be a miracle.

The Fulham manager can drill it into his team talks every game now that Newcastle can be caught, they are there for the taking. They will have a realistic target of catching us

Plus the goal difference could take a good hammering over the next couple of games.

Be interesting if the fat thief isn't there tonight. His plane is in the Bahamas, along with the Rueben brothers yacht, and earlier today their plane flew there from Miami. Could be clutching at straws but if fatty was on his plane and they were on theirs, it could be interesting to see where it goes in the next week or so.

Kepa back in goal for Chelsea. Be good to try and get him under some early pressure.

I genuinely feel we will get destroyed today.

They have a talented manager with great players. We have a terrible manager with mostly below average players. By all logic, we will get destroyed.

What the fu(k was that walk out all about just came out in one bunch then Shelvey by himself then Hayden and Maxi lagging behind bit strange.

I'd rather see Dubravka back in. I know Darlow has been fantastic in the main but Dubs is our Number 1 and I know (wink wink) that he's not happy about being left out (not as in 'toys out of the pram' but in a ;I need to for the good of my career' sort of way)
    Last edited by Zippity; 15-02-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Can't get the game over here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)