+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T cant get my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Hope Daughter gets fully recovered Crash.
    To your Missus having a new hip in, I've had one done already, waiting for other done.
    Had epidural no problem, easier operation & less time, compared to a new knee operation, went to Badsley Moor lane twice, my hip was excellent so did not need more help.
    When I went to Badesley Moor lane, the physios put you in pairs, then you do different exercises, going round the gym, where has it is one on one with a knee operation, due to the physio's having to get your knee bending.
    What your missus should be getting, is a portable seat to put over the toilet, so she is at the right height, to help her taking pressure off the hip, the hospital physios delivered mine to my home.
    My new hip is great, just a little niggle now & then, having it gives you a better lifestyle.
    I'm sure your daughter will be fine crash, but that's a really quick time for her to be out, although as has been pointed out, she doesn't really want to stay long in hospital with the covid going around, so good luck to her with her recovery buddy.
    I had a full knee replacement op, 7 years ago ,and my knee is still going strong, and I had the epidural to have the op, and would advise anyone who has a knee or hip operation to have it done with the epidural, so please pass that on to your mrs, and good luck with her op, which I'm sure will be fine.
    The only reason I have put ericslads quote on is because he said that if you have a knee replacement, the physios at Badsley Moor Lane have to get your knee bending, which is wrong, as they need to get your knee to straighten properly, the bending bit with a knee replacement is easy.

Agree with grumps hope all those with health problems for themselves or loved ones have speedy recoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I'm sure your daughter will be fine crash, but that's a really quick time for her to be out, although as has been pointed out, she doesn't really want to stay long in hospital with the covid going around, so good luck to her with her recovery buddy.
    I had a full knee replacement op, 7 years ago ,and my knee is still going strong, and I had the epidural to have the op, and would advise anyone who has a knee or hip operation to have it done with the epidural, so please pass that on to your mrs, and good luck with her op, which I'm sure will be fine.
    The only reason I have put ericslads quote on is because he said that if you have a knee replacement, the physios at Badsley Moor Lane have to get your knee bending, which is wrong, as they need to get your knee to straighten properly, the bending bit with a knee replacement is easy.
    Sorry Ronners mate, the physio's had to get you bending your knee to a certain angle, which they measured, this is what my physio did with me, also agree they do get your knee straight.

Sorry Ronners mate, the physio's had to get you bending your knee to a certain angle, which they measured, this is what my physio did with me, also agree they do get your knee straight.
    No probs buddy, my physio told me that if they didnt get my knee to straighten fully then I would be left with a slight bend in it, so at physio at Badsley Moor Lane, I had to stretch my leg across and put my heel on a table whilst they hung some weight over my knee for around 10 mins, now that was painful.
    The bending of the knee was fairly straight forward for me, but i will never forget the straightening bit of it.

No probs buddy, my physio told me that if they didnt get my knee to straighten fully then I would be left with a slight bend in it, so at physio at Badsley Moor Lane, I had to stretch my leg across and put my heel on a table whilst they hung some weight over my knee for around 10 mins, now that was painful.
    The bending of the knee was fairly straight forward for me, but i will never forget the straightening bit of it.
    When I had the knee operation, while in hospital, they get you bending it, but bloke in next bed could not bend it, so they put him on a machine in his bed, that bends the knee, with this he had to stay in hospital longer.

When I had the knee operation, while in hospital, they get you bending it, but bloke in next bed could not bend it, so they put him on a machine in his bed, that bends the knee, with this he had to stay in hospital longer.
    Yeah it's different for all of us, be it hip or knee, but worth it in the end.

Yeah it's different for all of us, be it hip or knee, but worth it in the end.
    Yes both directions for me. (Full knee replacement March 2020.) Bending exercise involved lying along the edge of the bed with surgery leg hanging over. With a belt looped around my ankle I pulled the bent leg up towards the back of my thigh as far as I could. Painful but not as bad as the straightening exercise with the weights as Ronners described - agony that was!.

Here's hoping for speedy recoveries in the Crash household...

Crash, the turnaround for your Daughter does sound extremely quick, but she’s better out of the hospital with what COVID etc.

Here’s to her making a speedy recovery. Also trust your good lady is quickly on the mend and up and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash, the turnaround for your Daughter does sound extremely quick, but she’s better out of the hospital with what COVID etc.

Here’s to her making a speedy recovery. Also trust your good lady is quickly on the mend and up and about.
    makes me wonder wife, kids, grandkids all have had bad illnesses.
    Apart from the odd broken bone. Ive been fortunate never had an illness in my life.

And I'm the one whose generally knackered my body.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast