+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Allardyce must be gutted.

Allardyce must be gutted.

What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon.,When we started playing 10 men, you would have thought we would have stepped up our game and took advantage. We lacked urgency, looked lethargic, and didn’t ever look like going on to get the three points. I know we had a few injuries, but surely we should have had enough to win that one. I couldn’t believe how many chances West Brom had, good chances too. Any one of them would have won the game had they been more clinical. In the end, I came to the conclusion that we were playing ,not to lose, rather than trying to win.
    I now believe 36 points will be enough to stay up, not 40. On the plus side this week , we have not lost against teams below us. On the minus side Mumbongo will never make it at Turf Moor.

The substitution of a forward for a forward shows he was not going to go for it. If he won't play 3 forwards against 10 men then he never will. He was playing for a point again.

Quite simple.Absolute crap.West Brom should have won.We were b------ awful.

Performances like this are becoming more frequent and it is not down to injuries.We lack any creativity or plan B.It is playing to nick a draw or win by setting up to defend and then hope for a loose ball or set piece.When the opposition go down to 10 men then it deviates from the script and there is no plan B.It happens nearly every time the opposing team go down to 10 men.

We were extremely f**king lucky not to loose that game. Garbage.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)