+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Ticket v Celtic

Take the point but if we had started without his favourites we would have been much better, chunts were there for the taking as we seen the last 20 mins

Agree can’t fault MM for the point i really thought we would get murdered with that line up. But he is shoe horning square pegs and round holes really. Clark and Harkes in our midfield in first 25 minutes was like having nine men and giving them 2 more. Hard to watch. Just hope we stay up as it’s not done yet.

Good to see Chalmers back but my god, the boy could do with staying behind to practice his shooting. The laddie must have a 50p shaped foot.

Never turn down any points v Celtic but certainly a missed opportunity with the last 20mins Although we could have easily lost it aswell so cant grumble too much.

The lineup to start with was poor. Back to forcing Clark/Shankland/McNulty into the team which hasn't worked all season but doesn't stop MM from persisting with it. Playing in a diamond gives away plenty of space on the wings hence why Laxalt and Kenny saw so much of the ball. It also meant a hell of a lot of work for the midfield who were having to cover so much ground to cover the FB's.

They started very strong and it was really a easy for them. If they had scored in the first 20mins i think we would have got a doing but thanks to poor finishing and some good defending/Benji being on form we managed to get it to 0-0 at the break. We started to come into the game once the subbies came on. Having legs and players with more intent meant we could cause them more problems and could have easily nicked a goal. They also started to get more and more frustrated. As the game got more stretched, you could see united possibility sneaking a goal even though they did miss some big chances too.

Notes
    1. McNulty is a waste of a jersey. lack of interest/quality
    2. Clark isn't midfielder. (not like no one has said this)
    3. Appere should be given a proper run in the team up top with Shankland.
    4.Good to see chalmers back (And the update on glass before the game is coming along nicely)
    5. Defence and Gk were brilliant. (DONT GO CHANGING IT MELLON!)

Overall it probably means the top 6 is done with but all things considering if we can secure safety then happy days then look towards next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Agree can’t fault MM for the point i really thought we would get murdered with that line up. But he is shoe horning square pegs and round holes really. Clark and Harkes in our midfield in first 25 minutes was like having nine men and giving them 2 more. Hard to watch. Just hope we stay up as it’s not done yet.

Yes the way we set up allowed us to have a chance to win it late on

It's another point on the board and some positives late on with Appere and Chalmers

Absolutely Sheila. We rammed them last third.

Name:  New The R.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  17.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Name:  New The R.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  17.9 KB
    I hear that Nicola Sturgeon has stated she cannot remember a football team called Glasgow Rangers. As for The Rangers, she has no recollection of their fans gathering outside Ibrox yesterday, and she keeps asking herself how she cannot recollect their supporters breaking covid regulations (only 47 to go!). Furthermore, she has stated that if she does not do something on a daily basis she soon forgets what it is she is supposed to be doing!

What;s all that dross and nonsense to do with Dundee United?

I thought we looked dangerous yesterday late on and would love to see Appere and Chalmers start as wingers in the Aberdeen game. Fuchs suspended so put Pawlett and Harkes in beside Butcher and press them high. One more win and we're probably safe so lets get it before the split and enjoy the last few games of the season while others are desperate for points. I'll take 10th right now but I think we will end up 8th. We've never been lower than 8th all season so lets not start it now.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)