+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People who refuse to have the COVID inoculations

People who refuse to have the COVID inoculations

Should the people who refuse to have the “Jab”be forced to remain in lockdown until they have it? By refusing to have the jab some of them are no doubt passing the virus on to other people.OK some people may have medical reasons why they can’t have the jab but I understand that it is those of Asian and African origin are those among those who refuse and they unfortunately are at most risk of catching and dying from COVID.We are now in the second year of the COVID virus and it as been terrible.I am over 80 years old and now live alone so I have been forced to remain in almost solitary confinement for the past year without being able to mix without my own family and during that time my little Yorkie Charlie passed away.I have thankfully had the first dose of the vaccine which at least gives me sight of the end of my solitary confinement sentence but still I think in danger of catching one of the new variants from the people who have refused to have the inoculation.Like most people of my age I do have medical conditions but because of this virus can no longer see the doctor,I have to wait until he calls me back.I now don’t bother calling the doctor because I think they have more than enough work on without my input.Why should we have to go through all these problems because of some people that refuse to be inoculated?

Apparently Filey once you have had the second jab you will be covered against all strains to about 80% and if you get it then it's not life threatening?
    Personally I believe anyone who refuses the jab should be asked to sign a document stating that if they test positive after refusing then they are also signing away their right to assistance from the NHS!
    Last edited by perkytyke; 22-02-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Apparently Filey once you have had the second jab you will be covered against all strains to about 80% and if you get it then it's not life treatening?
    Personally I believe anyone who refuses the jab should be asked to sign a document stating that if they test positive after refusing then they are also signing away their right to assistance from the NHS!
    I totally agree Perky.

Might sound harsh but the choice is a simple one. Take the risk of COVID and all the implications that go with it by rejecting the jab or try and protect yourself by accepting the medical interventions available. If you choose the former then you own the risk, dont pass it off to the NHS.

I agree all those that refuse should have to sign a declaration saying if they get covid to Totally Withhold All Treatment.

It would make it easier to identify these people if they wore a badge with the initials T W A T

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Apparently Filey once you have had the second jab you will be covered against all strains to about 80% and if you get it then it's not life threatening?
    That’s ok but while they are allowed to walk about free to infect more of the people that are still awaiting to be inoculated against the virus is not right.We have lost a dear family member to the virus and she was only in her 60s so I don’t think there is much doubt that some of the people that have refused the vaccine are infecting other people.We have also got the problem of millions of illegal immigrants in this country who will never come forward to be vaccinated.And the illegal immigrants that are being looked after in former military camps around the country are causing trouble,maybe they would like to be sent back to the camps in France.It looks as though we are going to be stuck with this virus for years to come and have to be vaccinated every year just like us older people have to be vaccinated against the flu and sometimes they get the wrong flu strain in the vaccine.The COVID strain is changing so much the scientists will have a much harder job to keep on top of the COVID virus and as far as I am concerned to help the people that are trying to keep us safe the people that are refusing to have the vaccine should remain in lockdown in their homes.
    I served in the Royal Navy during the 1950s and 60s and we had to be vaccinated against many ailments such as Yellow fever and many more not only to protect us but to protect other people we came in contact with,and we were not allowed to refuse any inoculations.Now may of these nasty ailments are no longer around thanks to vaccinations.After getting that off my old chest I think to get rid of me they will have to shoot me.My old Grandad lived to the age of 94 and he stopped smoking at 89 because he said it wasn’t doing him any good and I want to beat his age.