+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Children's Television Memories

Muffin the Mule is the first I can remember.

That's a criminal offense now!

Used to love The F***st Rangers.
    I always, and still do, want a go on a skidoo.

I liked a few mentioned already - Robinson Crusoe, White Horses, Casey Jones (always preferred shows with actors rather than puppets or cartoons) but one I really liked was called "The Flashing Blade" even if it was badly dubbed.

I always looked forward to going round to my grandad's house after school to watch Daktari with him. It was about a vet in Africa and the family had a pet lion! I've loved wildlife programmes ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I always looked forward to going round to my grandad's house after school to watch Daktari with him. It was about a vet in Africa and the family had a pet lion! I've loved wildlife programmes ever since.
    Was that Clarence the cross eyed lion? Or am I getting confused with Born Free?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Was that Clarence the cross eyed lion? Or am I getting confused with Born Free?
    It was indeed Clarence. I've just read on wiki that the programme was actually a spin-off from the film Clarence the cross-eyed lion.

"Pogle's Wood". I had an annual, probably the first TV spin off merchandise I ever owned.
    Everybody wanted to be Batman when I first started school but that soon changed to Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man. I was obsessed with "Space 1999" around that time.

None of you 1960s people have mentioned "Do Not Adjust Your Set".

The Cisco Kid
    Torchy
    Kit Carson
    Have Gun Will Travel
    Bonanza
    The Man from Uncle
    Lost in Space
    The Virginian
    The Magic Boomerang
    Lassie
    F Troop
    Beverly Hillbillies

And a couple you’ll only remember if you’re Irish:
    DaithÍ Lacha
    Murphy agus a Chairde

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was indeed Clarence. I've just read on wiki that the programme was actually a spin-off from the film Clarence the cross-eyed lion.
    I loved Daktari

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The London bus thing was Here Come The Double Deckers! Peter Firth played Scooper and 40 years later played (Sir) Harry Pearce in Spooks.
    Talking of Peter Firth, and going off-topic as I certainly wasn’t a child, I remember seeing him in a time-travel play called ‘The Flipside of Dominick Hide’, which at the time I thought was brilliant. From the future he travels back to London in 1980 to find his great grandfather. He teams up with Caroline Langrishe (later to star in Lovejoy) and the child they produce turns out to be his great grandfather, which is known as a causal loop.

I watched very little TV when I was a child and programmes I remember are mostly what my own children watched:

Worzel Gummidge, Adventures of Black Beauty, The Owl Service, Just William to name a few.

There's been some great memories mentioned here folks but the one that lingers most is The Singing Ringing Tree which used to be reshown in the holidays and was one of the scariest things that i can remember as a kid!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast