+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Killie away

Fine margins throughout. Fine margins between Killie being streetwise/clever and being diving gits. Power and Dicker controlled the game by drawing free kicks. Played the ref in the way Tommy Wright has encouraged his whole career. We played into their hands though and should have expected it.

Fine margins that the 4-3-3 approach didn't work out today. Helps Harkes, his busrting driving runs are his strongest suit and that formation helps that. That formation relies on massive work from the wide forwards. Losing Sporle was a shame. McNulty to me doesn't work hard enough for that formation. Just wasn't Appere's day. Normally he would have delivered more than that.

Fine margins throughout the league. Couple of good chances late on would have had us in touching distance of top 6. I agree it is frustrating that we had to take Fuchs off. Let's not forget we were under pressure before Connolly came on though. Actually the back 3 move gave us the chance of creating the two chances we had late on. Clark was better with Shankland in the 10 minutes he was on than either McNulty or Appere were for the rest of the game. Perspective depends on how you interpret the Connolly for Fuchs change therefore.

Ultimately we didn't do enough to merit winning today's game and result is we will miss top six by relatively little. Are we much different than Livi to Killie though? Only Fine margins between us all. Top 4 ahead of that. Hamilton compete above their level. Ross County are the worst team I have seen in years. Realistically we are probably mid table in the Livi, St Mirren, United, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Killie table.

I do think we have more to build on than many of those teams with whom we actually compete. Nearly able to focus on next season now

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Fine margins throughout. Fine margins between Killie being streetwise/clever and being diving gits. Power and Dicker controlled the game by drawing free kicks. Played the ref in the way Tommy Wright has encouraged his whole career. We played into their hands though and should have expected it.

Fine margins that the 4-3-3 approach didn't work out today. Helps Harkes, his busrting driving runs are his strongest suit and that formation helps that. That formation relies on massive work from the wide forwards. Losing Sporle was a shame. McNulty to me doesn't work hard enough for that formation. Just wasn't Appere's day. Normally he would have delivered more than that.

Fine margins throughout the league. Couple of good chances late on would have had us in touching distance of top 6. I agree it is frustrating that we had to take Fuchs off. Let's not forget we were under pressure before Connolly came on though. Actually the back 3 move gave us the chance of creating the two chances we had late on. Clark was better with Shankland in the 10 minutes he was on than either McNulty or Appere were for the rest of the game. Perspective depends on how you interpret the Connolly for Fuchs change therefore.

Ultimately we didn't do enough to merit winning today's game and result is we will miss top six by relatively little. Are we much different than Livi to Killie though? Only Fine margins between us all. Top 4 ahead of that. Hamilton compete above their level. Ross County are the worst team I have seen in years. Realistically we are probably mid table in the Livi, St Mirren, United, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Killie table.

I do think we have more to build on than many of those teams with whom we actually compete. Nearly able to focus on next season now
    Yes we are at least looking safer. In terms of next season. I hope we play full strength to try and get results against Celtic and sheep.

After the split I hope we give few youngsters like mochrie a chance

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Yes we are at least looking safer. In terms of next season. I hope we play full strength to try and get results against Celtic and sheep.

After the split I hope we give few youngsters like mochrie a chance
    Agree. Would be great to be mathematically safe and blood the youngsters even more. Interesting to see how close they are to being first team regulars. There are so many I am excited about seeing how they perform in the senior team

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    'storm' FFS its Killie, at best a warm westerly wind.

That was very poor again. Why does he keep persisting with either Clark or McNulty, they bring nothing to the game.

Aperre needs to be able to use his physique much more and without Fuchs the midfield dos not function.
    59% to 41% possession, 12 corners to 2, yes I would say we weatherered the storm in the second half. To patronisingly say 'it's Killie ffs' does not negate the fact that they were all over us for most of the second half.

Split emotions for this one.

on the one hand, its a missed opportunity esp when we went a goal ahead but on the other hand, we didn't lose and keeps in a fairly safe position in the league.

It reminded me of watching a Tommy Wright St Johnstone v A Jackie United team. Bullied, they were more street wise and played right into their hands pretty much the whole game. Sporle going off was a blow as it loses the balance in the team and his energy. Appere didn't have a great game but he works his backside off for the team! Fuchs was close to getting sent off so the decision to take him off was right but Connolly coming on changed our formation to suit them again and allowed them to put ball after ball into our box.

We still had two big chances to win it which is frustrating as they fell to the players you wanted to. At the end of the day considering we took a doing from them earlier in the season, a draw isnt the worst result all things considered.

Final point- I'm glad to see people are starting to notice that Marc McNulty is vastly overrated. He has been very poor for us ever since he signed but seemed to get forgotten. Give me Appere or Sporle or Clark over him all day long! We look a better team without him in the team.

With the players we have, we must NEVER play 3 central defenders again. Everyone that has watched us regularly this season can see this and surely today has finally convinced the manager.

Also, it would be good to see Clarke playing as a forward up front with Shankland, rather than the half-forward/half-midfielder role he's been asked to play previously.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    59% to 41% possession, 12 corners to 2, yes I would say we weatherered the storm in the second half. To patronisingly say 'it's Killie ffs' does not negate the fact that they were all over us for most of the second half.
    For the 30 minutes after half time it was backs to the wall stuff for us. BUT, we still spurned the two best chances to win the match and I'm disappointed we never took one of them TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    I'm glad to see people are starting to notice that Marc McNulty is vastly overrated. He has been very poor for us ever since he signed but seemed to get forgotten. Give me Appere or Sporle or Clark over him all day long! We look a better team without him in the team.
    Agree: I thought McNulty looked lazy today. Loses the ball and doesn't chase after it. That first half pass back nearly cost us dear. I would have hooked him early for Clark.

He might be close to being our highest paid player too.

I would have hooked him immediately and brought on ANY of the women side.........

I really want to like MM, I think he has done a decent job with this squad of ****e players (still don’t think RN would have got more points than MM with this team).

Yesterday though, his subbies killed us. Sporle caused problem, not because he’s quality, but because he’s direct. We have Bolton on the bench, like for like sub, and yet he sticks on a striker.

Killie start over powering us in the midfield, so he takes off our best player for a ****e centre half. That was when you new the game was up.

Clark made a positive impact when he came on, pity our top scorer only got 7 mins.

Let’s just get this season done with and hopefully there’s some money to rebuild in the summer for a more normal 2021/22 season.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)