In May last year a black man was killed by a bully in a Police uniform. And despite a world pandemic, fines for folk going out for a coffee, restrictions on all our lives, thousands of people week after week ignored the advice and attended mass protests, the police at best turned a blind eye and at worst joined in.
People all over our country risked their lives and those of others by joining the mass hysteria that engulfed our towns and cities - where previously racism hadn't been a burning issue for them.

I've just read on Sky the condemnation of Rangers fans gathering at Ibrox to celebrate in anticipation of their club rising from the ashes to take the title from arch rivals Celtic.

The same Sky that's had Black Lives Matter plastered all over all season, happy with the sentiment - but when you dig into what that particular organisation stands for you'll understand my cynicism.

Should the impossible happen for us, and Val pulls off one of the unlikeliest promotion seasons ever, I wonder how Barnsley fans will be viewed/reported on when the inevitable celebrations take place.

Will those same bullies in blue be so quick to drop to their knees and join us ? And will the footballing authorities who embraced the Black Lives Matter slogan with relish, with thousands on the streets putting us all at risk to support their new cause, turn a another blind eye to the risks when it suits or will we, like Rangers, be pilloried ?