+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Mcinnes sacked

I can't really see what more an Aberdeen manager could possibly do in this day and age. You could argue they should have won more trophies after Rangers went bust but, that aside, he's been excellent. It's hard to see anything other than this having a negative effect on them but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I can't really see what more an Aberdeen manager could possibly do in this day and age. You could argue they should have won more trophies after Rangers went bust but, that aside, he's been excellent. It's hard to see anything other than this having a negative effect on them but we'll see.
    I think your answer TTT is that historically between the Clubs we had Oor Jum (God rest) and they had Sir Alex. As a support we have moved on many moons ago, they haven’t. And that probably pretty well explains everything.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 12-03-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I think your answer TTT is that historically between the Clubs we had Oor Jum (God rest) and they had Sir Alex. As a support we have moved on many moons ago, they haven’t. And that probably pretty well explains everything.
    to be fair aiberdeen centre still resembles 1985 so canna fault them for being stuck in the past

Grey toon, grey people. It's a s**thole.

Correct mate

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    to be fair aiberdeen centre still resembles 1985 so canna fault them for being stuck in the past
    Very true. Union St still looks exactly as it did when running battles between casuals happened every time we were up there.

As an aside, on the subject of SAF. When Jum passed, all the chat and reporting was about his achievements with Dundee United, what he achieved for our Club as it’s most loyal and dedicated servant and how he is revered by us all. When it comes to SAF, with everything that he has achieved at Manchester United and with his continuing devotion to that Club as a director, when it comes to summarising his career, instead Aberdeen FC is but a footnote in his greater story which puts the SSBs noses right oot of joint.

Which is pleasing.

Good point mate, he will be remembered for his time at Man Utd not the isolated grey city 50 miles up the road

Who ever gets the gig, and there will be plenty of applicants, is going to have to hit the ground running. The level of expectation is so high. Perhaps if they'd suffered relegation (when they should have) it might have lowered the expectations of the sheep hoards. Wonder how long the new boss will get. My money is a year unless they are superduper successful right away.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Who ever gets the gig, and there will be plenty of applicants, is going to have to hit the ground running. The level of expectation is so high. Perhaps if they'd suffered relegation (when they should have) it might have lowered the expectations of the sheep hoards. Wonder how long the new boss will get. My money is a year unless they are superduper successful right away.
    Yeah, agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    There was actually a thing on STV news a couple of weeks ago about a film set in cold War Russia during the 70s getting filmed in Aiburdeen City centre,I kid you not

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)