+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curtis Tilt

I suspect we are managing the situation in a similar way to Ihiekwe going to Accie.
    Send him out to a lower division, plenty of game time and he comes back a better player.

If Robertson is leaving or is regularly injured then there will be a place for him next season

To be fair when I saw him play for Blackpool once on tv I thought he looked a decent footballer . I'm still hoping he will come good for us I think playing 3 at the back would suit him .

Hope Wigan sign him end of this season. Not fitted in here.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Hope Wigan sign him end of this season. Not fitted in here.
    Maybe cos he's not played much here?

Icky came back from loan at Stanley a far better player and hasn't looked back.

Woody has been out on loan from us 3 times and is now club captain.

There could well be a future for him here yet. It's far more likely than Vas who has played plenty of games for us and been found wanting.

Heard a snippet a while back on BRM that he said it’s nice to be at a club that wants him and makes him feel wanted.....

That could be a reaction to short term,but it could also indicate a long term view..

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    No we didn’t we only have 24 in our squad !

Four centre backs is clearly not enough when you are playing three at the back, and one is 35, and another one has spent half of his time here injured ! factor in obvious suspensions which happen to defenders and we have left out selves potfully short in this area ? and on top of that we have also sent our next off the line young centre back out on loan which has exasperated the situation .
    24 and the one remaining spot for a potential out of contract signing. Whether that comes off is another thing but we had to leave a spot clear. 4 CBs and Wes who can fill in if needed. Alternatively we can go to a back four, like we did when we won at Wednesday if needs be with injuries and suspensions. 5 players who can play CB are more than enough although I hear what you're saying about Robertson's injury history. Perhaps Tilt didn't want to be 5th choice CB? Perhaps he didn't want to be here? Perhaps he wouldn't of been a great presence in the dressing room being disgruntled? Perhaps he just wanted to go and actually play football? Who knows. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. We have enough cover at CB to get through this season. We left that spot open for someone further up the pitch to make the difference. Cooper isn't ready in the management's opinion. No good having a body if it isn't up to the standard required. Hopefully he will develop whilst out on loan and be a part of things in the future.

It's surprising that Warne chased Tilt for a long time to bring him to the club, ok he was injured for a long time, but had never bothered with him since. Has he suddenly become a different player to the one Warne was so keen on?

Good point botty i cant believe Warne didnt do his good guy test on him when he first came.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12