+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go get that non contact player warney

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    This is what Tone means when he says that lessons have been learnt from the past.

He means we will not be signing players on daft wages
    The feature of the first part of the TS teign was the revolving door of players and managers in and out of the club. I agree with you in what he meant by learning lessons was to stabilise the staff.

Also, I think he meant he would not chase the dream by making knee jerk decision in the Jan window.

Thats not to say its what Rolly is suggesting btw.

It worked for Warnock signing a load of free agents but then Warney is cut from a different cloth. Prefers to get players young and develop them with only the odd old head. With our fixture congestion of playing 14 matches in 9 days , I think it is a very logical suggestion to sign another free agent. I'm not sure what the rules are with adding in players to your 25 man squad at this stage. Could that be an impediment?

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    It worked for Warnock signing a load of free agents but then Warney is cut from a different cloth. Prefers to get players young and develop them with only the odd old head. With our fixture congestion of playing 14 matches in 9 days , I think it is a very logical suggestion to sign another free agent. I'm not sfersure what the rules are with adding in players to your 25 man squad at this stage. Could that be an impediment?
    My understanding is that it can be done as long as we don't go over the 25 and the incoming player was out of contract on transfer deadline day. Presumably to stop a transfer loophole where a players contract is cancelled at anytime thereby allowing him to sign for someone else

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    It worked for Warnock signing a load of free agents but then Warney is cut from a different cloth. Prefers to get players young and develop them with only the odd old head. With our fixture congestion of playing 14 matches in 9 days , I think it is a very logical suggestion to sign another free agent. I'm not sure what the rules are with adding in players to your 25 man squad at this stage. Could that be an impediment?

Bloody Hell ! 14 matches in 9 days ? That’s a tough ask !!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Bloody Hell ! 14 matches in 9 days ? That’s a tough ask !!
    1000, 1300, 1600 and 1900, it’s possible. Gives a whole new meaning to Super Sunday!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123