+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: Today’s games

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Backfired for who?
    I would think that Shedka is referring that it backfired for us but that is too simplistic because i think that the photo's on the walls just scared him ie Milne,Bannon,Sturrock etc.

If we had not allowed McMullan to go across the road it would have been unfair,he was out of his depth in his own mind at Tannadice but he has found his new home at Dens and its easier for him to perform as it was for Tommy Coyne in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Over the two games Dundee FC deserved their promotion,i will never go into my reasoning on here but the player i felt the most for tonight is Cammy Kerr.He has been subjected to abuse galore by some of his own support(not them all)but has given everything for the club he supported as a boy,he is a former season ticket holder and his family are all Dees and i am really pleased for them tonight.

I would also add that Charlie has went through a hell of a lot with the loss of his father in tragic circumstances,its a Roy of the Rovers story for him tonight to return to the team he supported as a boy and in his first season he returns them to the league he thinks they should be playing in.

It also has to be said that Cobra was right regarding The Groin Stroker he was FN brilliant tonight and he is the new Tommy Coyne of the 2020's FACT.
    Well said GB... I've tried to show my appreciation on a thread for Paul McMullan but I take it I've upset one of the mods on here cause they've taking it down...anyway good that the Derbies are back even if banter's not allowed on here anymore 👍

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    For us for those of us who aren't naive

Firstly instead of wasting half a season playing Bolton, McMullan is a much better player especially if given a run to get his confidence

Secondly stupidly letting him go mid season and elevating your rivals who would not have been promoted without that move in my opinion, better for us to be the only top flight side in the city, just as its better for the fun, you never see both do well in the top flight together, its a club on our doorstep to also compete with over players near by, it strengthens them, silly to think otherwise in a city our size

This was the case when people last wanted them up and here they are despite winning less than half their league games

Hopefully whoever the new manager is understands the rivalry and is less kind to them than Mellon/Asghar were in January
    Aye but Dundee weren’t our rivals this season shedka. It had zero impact on us him leaving, it Free’d up a wage

Happy to have the Funsters back. A bit of local rivalry within a boring as f*ck 12 team league makes it more interesting. Couldn't give a flying f*ck if an ex player helped them. He wasn't doing the business for us, so off he pops. Bring on the derbies.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Well said GB... I've tried to show my appreciation on a thread for Paul McMullan but I take it I've upset one of the mods on here cause they've taking it down...anyway good that the Derbies are back even if banter's not allowed on here anymore 👍
    There’s no need for a McMullan appreciation thread Peter. Not on here, not tonight, not tomorrow, not ever.

DUNDEE PROMOTED

Nou Campy work can start whilst the Fun are in top division (to be abandoned after one year)

United relegation worries eased

7 to 9 points next season now guaranteed

Wright and Lafferty relegated together

Two plastic pitches gone

What’s not to love !!

Come on with the 6-2s

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    I am so glad you allowed him to come to dens early , or tonight simply wouldn’t have happened, I’m not trying to rub anybody’s face in it but he has been different class since January, the amount of assists from him made all the difference
    Congratulations notsobright is this your first post on here since you predicted we would have a Derby play off final?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Congratulations notsobright is this your first post on here since you predicted we would have a Derby play off final?.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Well said GB... I've tried to show my appreciation on a thread for Paul McMullan but I take it I've upset one of the mods on here cause they've taking it down...anyway good that the Derbies are back even if banter's not allowed on here anymore ��
    Sincere congratulations Peter,having seen us ripped to shreds at Rugby Park earlier this season i honestly never gave you a prayer tonight.
    If only we had approached the game in the same manner as the Dees Shankland could have scored a barrowload against one of the worst Premiership defences in its history.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    There’s no need for a McMullan appreciation thread Peter. Not on here, not tonight, not tomorrow, not ever.
    Clearly....but thanks just the same...17 assists is not bad in any league 🍾🍾🍾

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)