+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton

Hamilton

What a strange time to drop the goalie. I'm not saying it's a bad decision but timing is queer.....he had been doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What a strange time to drop the goalie. I'm not saying it's a bad decision but timing is queer.....he had been doing ok.
    how did our new keeper play?

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    Very little to do but what he had to do he did well, the penalty he saved wasn't a great penalty but end of the day he saved it so can't ask for more.

Came out his box to sweep a couple of times, didn't look convincing doing it but made the clearances.

Legzdins made a comfortable save today off a shot from outside the box which deflected on its way. Hamilton might have been rooted at that one. Penalty save wasn't special and I suspect most keepers would have had a shout at it.

I think Hamilton's failure / inability to move his feet has been his downfall overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Legzdins made a comfortable save today off a shot from outside the box which deflected on its way. Hamilton might have been rooted at that one. Penalty save wasn't special and I suspect most keepers would have had a shout at it.

I think Hamilton's failure / inability to move his feet has been his downfall overall.
    Don’t think Hamilton has been dominating enough but our defence has been leaking goals.it’s a team game but unfortunately at times we have made really bad choices with our defending.any penalty save is good enough for me.

You guys will know that there is poll before each game on the other forum. Walcott was heavily backed to play and Legzdins had same votes as Hamilton. Pretty brave decision from McPake, but he really needs to find out if Legzdins can be better than Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    Saved a pen, not much direct action, couple of clearances from 18 yard line.

It's not about him though, it's about timing of dropping Hamilton.

I don't see what's changed in last few weeks....if anything Hamilton has been slightly more consistent and confident without ever rising above average.

I don't see what's changed in last few weeks....if anything Hamilton has been slightly more consistent and confident without ever rising above average.
    Think if he had not made the decision today it would have been much weaker if it had been done in response to a Hamilton blunder or a poor game from him. Get your retaliation in first.

above average is what we need from every player.if
    Hamilton’s replacement has brought confidence to our defence then he’s the one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think if he had not made the decision today it would have been much weaker if it had been done in response to a Hamilton blunder or a poor game from him. Get your retaliation in first.
    Central defence looked much more confident today with Ashcroft and Fagan-Walcott then Fisher. Obviously that could have been the difference and who's to say Hamilton wouldn't have reacted positively and kept the clean sheet?

However, I'll go back to the deflected shot from outside the box today. It looked an easy save for Legzdins but I can't help thinking Jack Hamilton would have been flat footed by it like he has been far too many times this season at shots from distance.

I genuinely think dropping Hamilton probably should have been done three or four games ago and it's actually a bit late. I know RRoS won't agree but as has been said average just isn't good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)