+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is our new striker?

Where is our new striker?

Did I dream it or did Notts sign a new striker in Lewis Knight? - same day as he signed (Ardley said they need to get him match fit but he could well make an impact from the bench. Has something gone wrong or has Knight been injured or have I missed and informative posts about him?. I was at the very least expecting him to start a game as a full-back (I actually had a silly dream about Enzio playing as a RB ) Can anyone enlighten me please or was our new signing really a dream.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 17-03-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Did I dream it or did Notts sign a new striker in Lewis Knight? - same day as he signed (Ardley said they need to get him match fit but he could well make an impact from the bench. Has something gone wrong or has Knight been injured or have I missed and informative posts about him?. I was at the very least expecting him to start a game as a full-back (I actually had a silly dream about Enzio playing as a RB ) Can anyone enlighten me please or was our new signing really a dream.
    No, you didn't dream it, Ardley's got him making the tea.

After what happened to Cal Roberts with his injuries they are being cautious and want him match fit before he gets into the starting 11, I think he has not played a competitive game for 3 months.

I suspect Ardley might start playing the proven goalscorer once the season is effectively over.

He's currently going through his defending conversion therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I suspect Ardley might start playing the proven goalscorer once the season is effectively over.
    That'll be Saturday then.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    Ha ha! I like that.

I dare say he's shown an eye for goal in training so Ardley's had to put him in for intensive sessions to improve his defensive work and nullify any attacking aptitude before he's ready for first team action.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Ha ha! I like that.

I dare say he's shown an eye for goal in training so Ardley's had to put him in for intensive sessions to improve his defensive work and nullify any attacking aptitude before he's ready for first team action.
    From how Ardley explains it, if they put Knight on the bench for a game, he loses a few days to improve his fitness levels. That does make sense, especially as he's coming from part-time and hasn't played in three months.

Doesn't really matter who we play up front at the moment, to be honest, given that our midfield is incapable of providing a decent service to them. Well, a midfield of Reeves and Doyle anyway.

In other news, Pavis has sold the club.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Knight on the bench either Saturday or Tuesday to be honest.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast