+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: v SSB's Saturday

v SSB's Saturday

Seems like an age since we played but back to business this weekend at home to the Sheep.
    If fans were allowed obviously they would be bringing 17,000 but we'll just have to watch it on TV. So will they.

Saw a wee video today of Chalmers looking very sharp in training, scored a Messi while Bolton watched and admired.

Difficult to know what mood the Sheep will be in after Del Boy getting his P45. Hopefully on a jolly until the next manager comes in.

Not sure if we have any suspensions or injuries that will affect team selection, anyone know? Butcher, Fuchs?? Hopefully not.

Benji
    Smith Edwards Reynolds Robson
    ..............Butcher
    Fuchs Pawlett Sporle
    Chalmers Shankland

Potential kamikaze selection there but Pawlett and Chalmers to run at their back 4, Adrian to give width on the left and cover for Jamie, Shanks with a get it up ya V Sign right into the cameras after netting a hat trick. Attack attack attack.

I may change this after criticism from other posters....bring it on Arabs.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Seems like an age since we played but back to business this weekend at home to the Sheep.
    If fans were allowed obviously they would be bringing 17,000 but we'll just have to watch it on TV. So will they.

Saw a wee video today of Chalmers looking very sharp in training, scored a Messi while Bolton watched and admired.

Difficult to know what mood the Sheep will be in after Del Boy getting his P45. Hopefully on a jolly until the next manager comes in.

Not sure if we have any suspensions or injuries that will affect team selection, anyone know? Butcher, Fuchs?? Hopefully not.

Benji
    ..............Butcher
    Fuchs Pawlett Sporle
    Chalmers Shankland

Potential kamikaze selection there but Pawlett and Chalmers to run at their back 4, Adrian to give width on the left and cover for Jamie, Shanks with a get it up ya V Sign right into the cameras after netting a hat trick. Attack attack attack.

I like that line up Stokie. And I totally agree about Shanks having a point to prove. We definitely need to be more positive than recent weeks. Get up and at em.

Fuchs is available. I thought he was suspended but having checked the latest SFA Disciplinary list, it’s only Ross Millen of Killie that has a suspension this week so happy days!

Disappointingly for the Funny Lot, it would appear that ‘Gowser’ is free and able to play this Saturday also.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Fuchs is available. I thought he was suspended but having checked the latest SFA Disciplinary list, it’s only Ross Millen of Killie that has a suspension this week so happy days!

Disappointingly for the Funny Lot, it would appear that ‘Gowser’ is free and able to play this Saturday also.
    My DeeTV EMail informs me that i can watch them at Alloa on Friday mate.

Lets get stuck right into them from the off,no chance a manager will be appointed before Saturday as Cormack is still looking through the 5000 plus applicant's CV's.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Benji
    ..............Butcher
    Fuchs Pawlett Sporle
    Chalmers Shankland

Why not? It looks like a decent starting 11 to me.

Personally I'd definitely start with Appere over Chalmers.

They are wounded. Let's go for a convincing win and 3 points.

I fancy StJ will beat County and get 3 points on Sat. So we need to match them on Sat to give us the best chance of securing 7th in the battle (of the bottom six) to come.

C'mon United - get right in to them on Sat!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My DeeTV EMail informs me that i can watch them at Alloa on Friday mate.

For their own good, I’m frankly amazed that DeeTV is informing the frothing Funsters as to how to dodge it and NOT watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    For their own good, I’m frankly amazed that DeeTV is informing the frothing Funsters as to how to dodge it and NOT watch them.
    I cannie wait mate.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Why not? It looks like a decent starting 11 to me.

Personally I'd definitely start with Appere over Chalmers.

They are wounded. Let's go for a convincing win and 3 points.

I fancy StJ will beat County and get 3 points on Sat. So we need to match them on Sat to give us the best chance of securing 7th in the battle (of the bottom six) to come.

C'mon United - get right in to them on Sat!
    Yeah, Appere for Chalmers. Chalmers is never a striker. His shooting is woeful. That's not to say I wouldn't have him in the team, I just wouldn't have him in as a striker.

I'm on board with kamikaze. Big advocate of Clark's to be honest, but would be delighted with that starting line up.

Only thought is we should only play Pawlett if we will offer a contract beyond summer. If not, play Clark (as a striker) or try Appere again. I am in the minority that are not at all convinced by Appere though. Hope to be proved wrong there.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)