+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Who stays ? Who goes ?

He'd immediately get loaned out to some other club. Look at Danny Ward ? Now reserve keeper , sitting on the bench , for Leicester. Mind you , made for life on the wages .
    Guess he'd have to move if Liverpool chose him. But nae chance of a game for a decade unless a serious injury to thon no 66 ?

Them spunking a few mil on Ramsay is akin to us taking that young American lad over.
    A punt with little pecuniary risk.

Ramsay possibly has the potential to play at that level but he has a long way to go.

If he goes to Liverpool, well he'll set himself up for life financially.
    Whether its the right fitba move, who knows?
    My thought is that even if he goes there and develops, and, say, the double barrel boy gets injured or loses form, I'd reckon the liklihood is they spend multiple millions on Carlos Kickball as his replacement rather than giving Cal a shot.
    But mebbe no, they took a punt on Robertson from Hull and he's done OK.
    Whatever happens, I hope the lad does well for himself, but at the risk of sounding cynical, if he does go I hope the club gets the best deal possible.

I’d be off like a rat up a drainpipe if Liverpool came calling even if he’s second or third choice behind TAA as he won’t need to unblock WC’s or do Memome videos when he retires. Pragmatism, and securing his family’s future financially, would be my strong advice to Calvin! He’ll always be able to tell his grandkids that he was part of the mighty Aberdeen team that finished in ninth place in the 21/22 league season ages only 18 years!
    Last edited by Shetland Don; 17-04-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Aye, I'd take the coin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    ...and Kennedy.

F'uckin useless, worse than a man down.
    Headline in today’s Paps & Jugs:

“Dons boss confident fans will soon see the best of winger Matty”.

Cripes.

Sounds like the Ally McLeod “I’ll build my team around Joe Smith” undertaking in 1976. That ended well (and at ‘Well).

Aye, I saw that, worrying isn't it.

Kennedy couldn't lace Joe Smith's boots.

I will be honest and admit that I wouldn’t be overly fussed if all our players were moved on during the summer. I am finding too many weaknesses in them all. Once the players who have links to St.Mirren start bundling through the door I might start to look at things differently.

The paper today also says that Goodwin is looking forward to the return of the tim from injury.

That's a f'uckin disgrace.

There is far too many weaknesses in the team we have which brings other players down , we are easy meat for other teams and awful to watch .
    Total clear out needed but we best not leave it late to sign other players (as we do) as they'd need to gell with other players .
    This season has been piss.

We may well buy him in the close season ?

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast