+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoning Tannadice

Angus Council is really really badly run (again sorry for going off topic)

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Angus Council is really really badly run (again sorry for going off topic)
    It was a Dundee solicitors office they used to threaten me with court proceedings.The only thing i know about the governance of Angus Council is my auld Black Watch RSM is/was the Provost and he was an evil little barsteward.

Angus council were ok when run by SNP. Now conservative and they are absolutely hopeless.

ran it

Quote Originally Posted by scottie43 View Post
    Angus council were ok when run by SNP. Now conservative and they are absolutely hopeless.

ran it
    I never knew that mate but i agree with you they are FN hopeless,i pay them £858 for respite care for ONE FN MONTH yet they send me a solicitors letter for failing to pay bills relating to the person in care for a period they were not in their usual residence.
    I have never even received an apology from them for their error,all they told me was their system is so antiquated they cannot adjust a bill to a lower amount.
    God only know's how much tax payers money was wasted trying to pursue me through the courts for an incorrect bill,the people who deal with Angus council finance in Arbroath accepted the bill was incorrect but informed me if i did not pay it their superiors in Forfar would take me and an 81 year old to court.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I am older and do not trust making payments of that amount online,i prefer to deal with a human over the phone and that's easier said than done these days.
    Yeah I work for the council (not Angus) and I agree it's older folk who really take the brunt of all this stuff being online. I don't have anything to do with finance but we get older customers who are in tears because they are worried about not being able to contact anyone and not being able to pay bills.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Yeah I work for the council (not Angus) and I agree it's older folk who really take the brunt of all this stuff being online. I don't have anything to do with finance but we get older customers who are in tears because they are worried about not being able to contact anyone and not being able to pay bills.
    Sorry again JJ for going off your topic but i think it is important to highlight the pitfalls of the new normal of working from home.I'm sure the nightmare the Tory led Angus council have dragged me through would never have happened without the work from home rule.
    Maybe perhaps they know my credentials and just decided to put me through a living hell trying to help out my elderly relative who BTW votes for them,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie43 View Post

ran it
    Is that right? I remember being told that Angus was not a Tory stronghold!

On topic, i would email your query as that seems the best way to get things done these days. Had deal with my motor insurers recently and although there was far too much sending messages back n forward, the end result slashed my premium!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

On topic, i would email your query as that seems the best way to get things done these days. Had deal with my motor insurers recently and although there was far too much sending messages back n forward, the end result slashed my premium!
    Thanks mate, yeah sent an email this afternoon so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

Taking it that is a dig at me ?Maybe better checking you'r facts before having a dig at people chick.Angus council leader is independent and council is split with 9 snp 9 independent 8 tory and 2 lib.But lets not let the facts get in the way you can pretend it's a tory stronghold as much as you like

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Taking it that is a dig at me ?Maybe better checking you'r facts before having a dig at people chick.Angus council leader is independent and council is split with 9 snp 9 independent 8 tory and 2 lib.But lets not let the facts get in the way you can pretend it's a tory stronghold as much as you like
    Im still in shock that people still call companies 😂 tbf utd should have setup a chat function as well but email response has been brilliant during lockdown.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)