+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burchnall Out!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Surely the thread title needs editing to "The Burchnall In/Out (Multiple threads merged) Thread"?
    🤣🤣👍

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    You guys are ridiculous.

I’ve already said he should be given to the end of the season.

Bloody pitchfork brigade.
    I have one for sale if you are interested.
    It's well worn but it's from a smoke free and pet free home and has got plenty of wear in it still..!
    Cash only and social distancing rules apply

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No. There will be some who will fume when players like Doyle or Turner are selected.
    I certainly will. On current performances, would you select them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I think it's a great appointment, but I wanted to be the first to start the thread...
    I did think 🤔 about starting one, but didn’t have the nerve. I must admit I wasn’t expecting the change. Not overwhelmed by the appointment, just because we’ve been here so many times before. I suppose I would have expected a change when the new owners came in, or at the end of the season. Looks to me like they think promotion is out of reach, and want to start building for next season. If we get an upturn and squeeze in this season then great.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I certainly will. On current performances, would you select them?
    We don’t have enough players to replace everyone on current performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We don’t have enough players to replace everyone on current performances.
    Turner started on Tuesday because Ardley wanted to play with 3 centre halves. On Turner’s past performances he’d have been better off changing the formation, which he did at half time anyway. I think, and have done for ages, that Turner is past it, and no new manager can rescue him.

The insistence on playing Doyle for every minute of every match was weird and if you’re saying there wasn’t anyone to replace him for even some of that time than that’s just wrong. He hasn’t played well for ages either. If Doyle’s appearances don’t now become more limited I’ll be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I did think �� about starting one, but didn’t have the nerve. I must admit I wasn’t expecting the change. Not overwhelmed by the appointment, just because we’ve been here so many times before. I suppose I would have expected a change when the new owners came in, or at the end of the season. Looks to me like they think promotion is out of reach, and want to start building for next season. If we get an upturn and squeeze in this season then great.
    Agree with your sentiment Mike, we have been here so many many time before...And everytime we change a manager it reminds me of the lyrics to a Jimmy Ruffin song...I've Passed this Way Before...

Life lends a crushing blow
    And once again a heart is broken
    And as history repeats itself
    These few words are sadly spoken
    I've passed this way before
    And I've felt this pain before
    A hurt that took so long to end
    Has found my poor heart again...

Sorry

Oh and if this guy wants to play attacking football and give the youngster a try, he should go fetch Sam Osbourne back, ( just my opinion of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Agree with your sentiment Mike, we have been here so many many time before...And everytime we change a manager it reminds me of the lyrics to a Jimmy Ruffin song...I've Passed this Way Before...

Life lends a crushing blow
    And once again a heart is broken
    And as history repeats itself
    These few words are sadly spoken
    I've passed this way before
    And I've felt this pain before
    A hurt that took so long to end
    Has found my poor heart again...

Sorry

Oh and if this guy wants to play attacking football and give the youngster a try, he should go fetch Sam Osbourne back, ( just my opinion of course )
    I was thinking that about Osbourne myself.
    Certainly one to keep an eye out for at the very least.

Love this thread, black humour NCM stylee. Hopefully he will get a longer grace than managers previously have.

The position the new manager finds himself in is a strange one.

On one hand he's got a big talented squad and he's sat high up the table for a club that's just sacked their manager. Great opportunity to reach a final, and a great opportunity to reach the playoffs in his first season. That's not normally the case when taking a new job.

On the other hand, he said he's not thinking of bringing anyone in as he's happy with the squad. So if we think we need a proper box to box player and a lot more legs in the centre of the park we have to find it within. Same applies to any other perceived holes and weaknesses.

He's also got this crazy schedule of two games a week every week that we all know about which means as he said far reduced time on the training ground to implement his ideas. It's going to hit him fast as he evaluates the squad (thankfully I imagine he will be watching past games 24/7 and therefore will spot the strengths and weaknesses of players and NAs approach).

Not ideal, and maybe not conducive to the usual honeymoon period.

We've got to hope that we get that famed new manager bounce initially for the first few games, and the players are set free to perform. Then he can slowly get his ideas across to the players and we see a shift in style/approach etc which leads to a chance of promotion in the playoffs.

I'm feeling positive and personally very happy with this appointment. With our owners it makes sense to take this risk.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    From comments made by the Bros, I am now starting to think that the ‘dream football’ style of play came from them and that Ardley was just following instructions. Funny how when we were struggling, he changed tactics to more direct football. Apparently the new Coach is known for his ‘attractive style of play’. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. COYP’s
    I think you’re bang on the money with this and I’ll explain why.

It’s common knowledge that performance levels have been poor for a while now, bar a few games here and there.

Yet despite this Ardley was sticking with ‘his preferred style’ (possession attacking football) therefore the owners stuck by him. In recent weeks we’ve seen the team play more direct, and ironically we’ve been picking up points, yet the owners got rid.

If it’s true that the owners told Neal to play this way which I think you’re correct they did, then frankly Ardley should have resigned.

Being a football coach myself I can tell you 100%, that Neal didn’t feel comfortable playing the ‘attractive style’ the way he set us up and how the players played reflected this.

Let me tell you somebody that prefers a possession attractive style, would not have signed the likes of Turner, O’Brien, Rose and Effiong. That’s not me bashing the players, it’s just clear they suit a more direct style shall we say.

Ultimately in his next job I think we will see Neal revert to type, and go back to the direct style he had at AFC Wimbledon.

Good luck to him anyway, I didn’t think he was the right fit for us, but as a man he is top class, I wish him all the best in the future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast