+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall Out!

Burchnall Out!

I think it's a great appointment, but I wanted to be the first to start the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I think it's a great appointment, but I wanted to be the first to start the thread...
    6 months too early?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    6 months too early?
    Do you think Notts fans will give him that long?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Do you think Notts fans will give him that long?
    No. There will be some who will fume when players like Doyle or Turner are selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No. There will be some who will fume when players like Doyle or Turner are selected.
    I dont think picking the players was the problem.i think it was how they were instructed to play and in what system.
    We shall see..

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Completely agree it took 6-9 months to get Ardley out so an early start to the campaign is essential

Surely the thread title needs editing to "The Burchnall In/Out (Multiple threads merged) Thread"?

You guys are ridiculous.

I’ve already said he should be given to the end of the season.

Bloody pitchfork brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I dont think picking the players was the problem.i think it was how they were instructed to play and in what system.
    We shall see..
    From comments made by the Bros, I am now starting to think that the ‘dream football’ style of play came from them and that Ardley was just following instructions. Funny how when we were struggling, he changed tactics to more direct football. Apparently the new Coach is known for his ‘attractive style of play’. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. COYP’s

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    From comments made by the Bros, I am now starting to think that the ‘dream football’ style of play came from them and that Ardley was just following instructions. Funny how when we were struggling, he changed tactics to more direct football. Apparently the new Coach is known for his ‘attractive style of play’. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. COYP’s
    I don’t think many managers would bill their style of football as “ugly,” to be honest. At the start of this season, Notts played some of the best football I’ve seen from us in years. This slowly disappeared, though, and at some point we seemed to forget that the purpose is actually to score goals, not just retain possession in your own half. Then, once the confidence dipped, we suddenly looked like we’d never set foot on a pitch before.

A word IB seems to use a lot is “brave” - easy to say but harder to instill in players. He may well need time to get it right.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast