+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hornchurch FC 27.03.21 [FAT SF]

For a semi final it’s been entertaining. I’m glad that they are putting it amongst us.
    The goals we have conceded have been down to poor passing.
    You can see an intensity in our play which I think will tire Hornchurch.
    If we carry on playing the way we have and cut out the errors we will win this comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    Think he's been ok, it was Dion totally out of position that's cost us there.
    I agree.

When we have possession we are making the pitch as big as possible. The down side to that is when we lose possession unexpectedly, we are more prone to being out of position defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree.

When we have possession we are making the pitch as big as possible. The down side to that is when we lose possession unexpectedly, we are more prone to being out of position defensively.
    Very true, not helped by their full on attacking formation, but I'm sure we will be on our way to Wembley in 45 mins time as they can't live with us going forward.

One of the few games I've bothered streaming & enjoying it, must give Hornchurch some credit for having a go but they could tire late on.

For a semi final it’s been entertaining. I’m glad that they are putting it amongst us.
    You can see an intensity in our play which I think will tire Hornchurch.
    If we carry on playing the way we have and cut out the errors we will win this comfortably.
    Agreed. I'm not in the slightest bit worried. In fact our wench has just been going through her face masks wondering which one to wear at Wembley. 😷😄

It was a good positive start from Notts. From the kick off the ball was straight down the channel and we were on the attack. It's the start of games and being on the front foot that can have a big impact on the game.

Lot's of positives to take from the first half. The passing was far sharper and better than in recent games and so was the movement. A dominant display with lots of possession. Wootton could have had a hat trick of goals in the first half as he is winning everything in the air.

The deflected first goal was unlucky really. There is plenty of space in the middle of park which is leaving the likes of Enzio and Rodrigues space to work so it was good that we got back in front so quickly after scoring.

Dissapointing that we conceded another goal right near the end of the half and it's down to the high press again and loosing the ball. It was a good worked goal by Hornchurch. Our defence has been a big positive this season, but we are starting to ship a couple of goals in games recently so that's something to tighten up on.

I'd like to think we will go onto win as Hornchurch tire and our quality comes through in the second half.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 27-03-2021 at 04:05 PM.

From everything we've been told about the new manager, he certainly won't be moving away from the passing game, but he'll want it to be more purposeful and attacking than maybe it was under Neal Ardley. If that's the case, and players are being asked to play the killer ball more often, rather than the safe ball, then we might find ourselves shipping several more goals until the players master what the coach is trying to do. I get the impression that the focus is far more on developing and ingraining this style than getting immediate results, although obviously the owners and the management hope we can do both.

Can`t be arsed to watch 2nd half as decided to cut the lawn instead.

Frustrating to see Doyle *and* Reeves seeming to be playing as the holding midfielder...leave it to Doyle, Reeves got to be more dynamic, seems content to stay in own half too often or look for a pass behind the ball rather than going into space ahead of the Notts player with the ball. No reason why he can't we're playing some overweight looking urchins, got to make his mark on the game. Notts don't look hungry/determined enough Rant over. In Burchnall we trust. COYP.

Is it just me or are we seeing more traditional wide play from Notts than we're used to? Getting to the byline and putting a cross in?

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast