+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A new low in the History of our club!!

Get a grip?? Are you for real gump . Did you register the quality of our opposition? This was the first opportunity this pathetic shower had to impress the boss and that is what they produce. Going to Wembley is not a tinpot end , no matter what the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I'm not happy with today's result. But our previous chairman getting his lad out on social media and the club getting relegated from the football league were much much worse moments than losing a tin pot cup semi final on pennos today.
    Amen brother.

In terms of matches I always thought losing to H&W at home was the most embarrassing although I didn't attend as I was saved by a wedding. But the reports back I got must have it up there. Salford on TV under Moniz was pretty shocking as well. We would have smashed them at home 4-2 obviously.

Futures bright

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As Yazz and the Plastic Population once sang, the only way is up.

I can't think of a more embarrassing defeat than today.
    Not true. When it comes to Notts, it can always get worse. Nothing surprises me anymore about this club.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 27-03-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Get a grip?? Are you for real gump . Did you register the quality of our opposition? This was the first opportunity this pathetic shower had to impress the boss and that is what they produce. Going to Wembley is not a tinpot end , no matter what the competition.
    I'll give you my reasoning if you wish. Last season's play off final really meant something. ie: A return to the Footy League. That means far more to me (and many others I dare say) than any tin pot cup final. Unfortunately not only did we lose that play-off final, we were also totally humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I'm not happy with today's result. But our previous chairman getting his lad out on social media and the club getting relegated from the football league were much much worse moments than losing a tin pot cup semi final on pennos today.
    Loathe to defend Hardy but he didn’t actually get his nob out for social media, , it was already on his camera roll when posting a different picture. These things matter.

I say it’s today. And I didn’t care about the poxy trophy in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Amen brother.

In terms of matches I always thought losing to H&W at home was the most embarrassing although I didn't attend as I was saved by a wedding. But the reports back I got must have it up there. Salford on TV under Moniz was pretty shocking as well. We would have smashed them at home 4-2 obviously.

Futures bright
    We have a history of slipping on banana skins, going back as far as York City and Rhyl in the 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'll give you my reasoning if you wish. Last season's play off final really meant something. ie: A return to the Footy League. That means far more to me (and many others I dare say) than any tin pot cup final. Unfortunately not only did we lose that play-off final, we were also totally humiliated.
    Perhaps I should have added, the way we wimped out of the FL comes close to the above. Some poxy final, I couldn't give a toss about doesn't even register on my Cringeometer, and it's brand new so it should be accurate.
    Last edited by countygump; 27-03-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We have a history of slipping on banana skins, going back as far as York City and Rhyl in the 50's.
    York, though a massive case of "what might have been", had knocked out Spurs 3-1 in the previous round and they were only one level below us.

Don Masson's return to 2nd tier Notts began at 91st placed Crewe in the League Cup. We lost 2-0.

Losing 4-0 to Fword in both the FA Cup and League Cup wouldn't have felt too good either.

Rhyl is probably the low point in terms of cup exits.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Agree. This was our first chance of success this season and we utterly blew it. We'll never have an easier ride to Wembley and of winning a cup. Winning is a habit and we've now lost at Wembley and two semi finals, one to a pub team in the last few months. That sets the tone and it's now harder to get them to believe and for us to believe that they can be winners.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    York, though a massive case of "what might have been", had knocked out Spurs 3-1 in the previous round and they were only one level below us.

Don Masson's return to 2nd tier Notts began at 91st placed Crewe in the League Cup. We lost 2-0.

Losing 4-0 to Fword in both the FA Cup and League Cup wouldn't have felt too good either.

Rhyl is probably the low point in terms of cup exits.
    Rhyl was a game fans thought would be easy, me included. It was not pretty, to say the least.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast