+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

In days gone bye, a player got a cut of his transfer fee if the club sold him.
    UNLESS he had requested a transfer.
    If he had put in a transfer request then he got bugger all.

Different now is it?

This is going to be one hell of an interesting transfer window. Hopefully the McInnes Aberdeen players are getting moved on or sold. I really wouldn’t mind Ferguson, McCrorie, Considine and Lewis leaving the club. We need change, let it happen.

Recruiting young players like Ferguson , Cosgrove , giving them games , selling on for profit is the future of the club .
    Also helps attract other young players with potential.
    Should be looking to sell two or more each season

He's also one of McInnes' boys. Signed with the view of playing regular football then moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Recruiting young players like Ferguson , Cosgrove , giving them games , selling on for profit is the future of the club .
    Also helps attract other young players with potential.
    Should be looking to sell two or more each season
    Another way of looking at selling your so called top players is that you are not building for success but selling to survive. We have an Aberdeen board now who gave lots of cash. We really don’t need to sell if we rate a player.

Has to be the business model ,gets more money in , buy more talented youngsters , sell on ..

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    In days gone bye, a player got a cut of his transfer fee if the club sold him.
    UNLESS he had requested a transfer.
    If he had put in a transfer request then he got bugger all.

Different now is it?
    I thought in the old days, without a transfer request the player got up to 10% of the fee, if a transfer request had been handed in that reduced to 5%. However, you are way older than me, so you could be right.

We definitely need to become better at trading players if we want to continue growing the club. Fair play since Cormack has become Chairman we have the following:

£50k Kennedy
    £800k Hernandez
    £10k M. Gallagher
    £350k McCrorie
    £3.5M McKenna
    £2.0M Cosgrove
    £200k Wright

Compare that to the previous 20 years and it is clear we are starting to trade players more. It would be clear as day that trading players would have been one of the obvious 'shared learnings' we had that 3 months of comparing notes with Atlanta.

I'd be hoping we can get close to £4M for Ferguson but maybe that looks less likely after this move today.

It looks a racing certainty he'll go this summer but we have time on our side

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    McGrath will cost more than £200k
    Campbell isn’t free. Training compensation of up to £500k due to his age.
    More likely we’d target Jackson Irvine who is free.
    Irvine's not one I really know much about, although I know he has been linked with us. You reckon he's any good?

I like the look of McGrath from what I've seen. I didn't realise compensation would need to be paid for Campbell - that possibly would exclude us from that deal.

Page 61 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast