+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 132 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I think they thought Ramirez would get us slavering and ST sales would rocket on the back. Whilst he could be great, he is (as all players are) very much a risk and has not generated the excitement expected.
    Would probably drum up more interest if they streamed a friendly or two so the fans can get an actual look at him.

I always try and get in a friendly to check out the new lads prior to the start of the season.

Were easily at least 3 players short! Squads not good enough! Plus only 2 friendlies before Haken. Getting less & less hopeful about the season. Actually who gives a f u c k

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Were easily at least 3 players short! Squads not good enough! Plus only 2 friendlies before Haken. Getting less & less hopeful about the season. Actually who gives a f u c k
    We are three players short - minimum.

Left centre half
    Winger
    Another striker.

As for lack of preparation for Hacken, I agree.
    Difficult for the club though.
    We did have another game planned but that was cancelled & not our fault.
    The cancellation also shows we’re maybe right to be cautious about travelling & playing games.
    Look at Ross County.
    The Lions rugby
    England cricket team etc etc

BUT… I think that caution, whilst understandable, may cost us game time & that lack of game time makes Hacken favourites to win the tie IMO.

And unfortunately whether he likes it or not, it’ll put pressure on Glass quickly & only bring out the “I told you so” folk who don’t think he’s up to it.

Europe's so important for us.

Playing clubs from different countries, waiting for the next round draw while checking who we want to avoid etc.

It's always a big disappointment when we go out* and the next game is away to Livingstone or whatever.

* of course, sometimes we don't get put out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Left centre half
    Winger
    Another striker.

The cancellation also shows we’re maybe right to be cautious about travelling & playing games.
    Look at Ross County.
    The Lions rugby

BUT… I think that caution, whilst understandable, may cost us game time & that lack of game time makes Hacken favourites to win the tie IMO.

And unfortunately whether he likes it or not, it’ll put pressure on Glass quickly & only bring out the “I told you so” folk who don’t think he’s up to it.
    Agreed RST, but they got reading game set up, I'm sure there would have been another championship team we could have arranged a game with or a leauge 1 side. Also having just 2 strikers on the books is dodgy.

Think clubs going cheap skate route because after clark Robertson knocked us back "thankfully" it looks like were relying on Devlin signing. Injury prone & hasn't played a game for us in donks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Left centre half
    Winger
    Another striker.

Look at Ross County.
    The Lions rugby

Totally agree with all of that RST - not one to panic, but it is a little worrying that Glass is saying our squad is big enough - there are some injury-prone players within the squad as well, quite without the gaps. It is right to be cautious with Covid, but we cannot afford to try and play ourselves into match fitness in such an important game.

Lot of the players that we may be looking might be at club's who themselves may be looking at bringing players in before releasing others .
    It's the same with virtually all clubs apart from the bigger( richer) clubs at this time in the window.
    Lot of dealing done nearer the end of the window. I don't like it, but it's the way it is these days.
    I really hope we are going to add at least two more quality singings,possibly loaned before window closes , preferably before European game.

Cheap f u c k s !!! Devlin signs! What was CR offered to sign? Cheap c u n t is cormack!!

I'm assuming Michael Ruth will be our 3rd choice striker so barring a loan signing we are in the same position as last season with Cosgrove/Main/Anderson.
    I expect us to pick up some sort of loan from guffland.

Definitely need another CB, while I like Considine as he's never let the club down, I think we should be phasing him out as a starter and even if under new training Devlin, who I rate when fit, proves he not made of glass is only here for 6 months so could f off at Christmas leaving us in a bigger mess.
    Do we even have any kids that could make the step up like McKenna did.

I really hope that under glass he delivers with the attacking football, with that philosophy and Allan Russell coaching we could see a new McLennan and Kennedy. Last season did them no favours playing as wing backs

I reckon Glass is under-promising on purpose. Surely they will want to get Ruth out on loan, so will want a 3rd senior striker. I reckon we might not see any newcomers before the first European games, but will do before the season starts. I suspect he's just keeping his powder dry and trying not to get rinsed in the transfer market. I'd rather we wait and get people who will actually add value than dive in now and pick up another Curtis Main.

Page 132 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast