+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't remember having a striker that didn't get bullied off the ball and lost height when he jumped since Shearer.

Anyway, Watkins has just been released as well.
    Wasn’t that why we signed Main?

He used to throw our defenders around like rag dolls and scored a few goals against us.

Signing JET would be yet another lazy signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we took in JET, Watkins and Griffiths, and also retained Anderson for another season. They, alongside Hedges who can play off the main front man, would be a good set of forwards, each bringing something different to the party. I'd be happy with those 5 for the new season. I can't see us really getting much better on our budget - if we're expecting 3 Griffiths quality strikers up front next season I think we're in for some disappointment!
    We aren't signing Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Wasn’t that why we signed Main?

He used to throw our defenders around like rag dolls and scored a few goals against us.

Signing JET would be yet another lazy signing.
    We have zero strikers and we have an option of one for free. It's not that bad an idea. It will be if we don't have first choice strikers coming in.

Jet could turn out good or bad, he won’t be the main striker. He looked good on the ball as well as not being bullied, which is a big difference to main. If we signed a similar player from abroad fans would be excited coz he’s unknown but would equally be a similar type of punt. It’s going to be a long re build. You guys best get plenty fresh pants bought in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We have zero strikers and we have an option of one for free. It's not that bad an idea. It will be if we don't have first choice strikers coming in.
    I would rather give the boy Ruth a chance or sign some young Striker to be back up rather than someone who is going to turn 31 later in the year.

For a team who already has its share of players getting on we are fairly trying to sign a lot of 30 year plus players.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Will the new mental wellbeing room be installed at the same time? Undoubtedly the boy has talent but what is the point when he is never up for it? Aberdeen is hardly reknowned for getting the best out of previously good players and for this reason I think it isn't worth the gamble. We are already taking a big risk signing an aging midfielder with zero coaching experience.
    If we can sign a striker who will outscore Leigh Griffiths then fair enough. If not, he should be our number 1 target. He will definitely score goals

I don't have a problem with us signing JET, provided he's not seen as our main striker. He seems like an upgrade on Cosgrove to me, and there would be games in which he could be effective. But unless we can get a drastic improvement out of him in terms of goal scoring, then I would hope he'd be a foil/backup rather than 1st choice. The latter would be a bit depressing and I would start to worry at that point.

For now, though, I'm going to stick to my big boy pants until I see how the squad as a whole shapes up.

It'll be mediocre signings thats a given. Jet fs Clark bloody Robertson GTF cormacks trouble is he is such a show off and likes to promise things he cant deliver. Hibs are going for there 2nd SC win in th last 5 years! Also seems perma crock Devlin is getting contact extension! Next it'll be considine n Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If we can sign a striker who will outscore Leigh Griffiths then fair enough. If not, he should be our number 1 target. He will definitely score goals
    I think he probably was/is the number one target. But around 10k a week for someone who isn’t guaranteed to be physically or mentally fit from one week to the next may well be a stumbling block.

If we are going to sign JET and people don’t think he will be our main striker I presume we have accepted that we will be playing with one striker again next season?

I thought Cormack and Glass promised us attacking entertaining football next season?

Maybe we should try playing with 2 strikers and we might be more entertaining to watch.

Page 42 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast