+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 145 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

I’ll keep my eye on the level of the Ponchartrain if maximum pishage ensues as you predict.

Have you read The Axeman’s Jazz, NOLA Red? It’s a good yarn around an actual reign of terror in the city when Louis Armstrong was a loon. Nae bad, although I think the author was as keen to display his knowledge of Delta geography as he was to tell the tale.

A Confederacy Of Dunces, however, is utter puerile pish. Fact.

We should have been in your city in May 2020. ****ing jandies. Booooo.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 21-07-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Swedish press have Hacken as clear favorites.

Pants are preparing for a full on pish here in New Orleans.
    The squad is light and from experience we do lack match fitness, particularly this early on but I'm looking forward to it. Obvious concerns about Glass being experienced but adds to the fun.

On a separate note, heading over to the States next year and looking at potentially stopping over in New Orleans for a night. Would it be worth my time? Travelling from Texas to Florida anyway.

Hopefully, the size of our squad shouldn't make a difference this early in the season.
    (famous last words, 3 injuries at training today)

Aldo min, try and see Meschiya Lake if she's playing.
    Not that I've been to New Orleans but she came to see me at the lumpie.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Meschiya Lake came to see me at the lumpie.
    I saw you lindy-hopping doon the front.

Bronwynne Brent had to fly hame to Louisiana for Covid reasons two days before we were due to see her at the Glad Café last March.

She was the biz on her 2017 tour and her three albums are Delta gothic classics.

http://www.bluesandmoreagain.com/review.php?rid=125

https://youtu.be/tkyFZ9hyiyM

BRONWYNNE BRENT
    Stardust
    (SELF-RELEASE)

Recent months have been remarkable for releases by female artists who do something a little different.

We’ve been charmed by Laura Cortese’s string-driven lushness and ear for the narrative with the release of Into The Dark and stopped in our tracks by Liz Lenten and Auburn’s dramatic genre-amalgam Nashville. Now, from the Mississippi Delta, Bronwynne Brent places her second album Stardust before us, and it too makes that ‘sit up and listen’ demand.

Bronwynne confesses that “she enjoys a minor key” and whilst that may suggest downbeat melancholy, that’s not the overall impression left by Stardust. Rather, from the torrid tales of relationships gone wrong, promises broken and emotional betrayal, Bronwynne seems to derive some sort of resilient strength and fortitude.

“I keep my heart now deep inside
    It left a scar I cannot hide
    But I will learn to love again”

she confides in us in ‘Don’t Tell Your Secrets To The Wind’, a drama-laden Jaques Brel-esque mid-album chanson, where a friend has snared her lover, the heartless strumpet.

Johnny Sangster brings the best from Bronwynne’s top class material via his production and sparing but sympathetic heavily-reverbed baritone guitar, and the arrangements are a delight, ranging from the syncopated Jerry Allison cardboard box drumming on ‘The Mirror’ to the lush, brooding strings of ‘When You Said Goodbye’.

The vocal delivery, though, is what overwhelmingly captures listener attention. From beginning to end Bronwynne bares her soul, her vulnerable resignation and wretchedness via a voice that is timeless in timbre and phrasing, recalling in turn Sarah Vaughan, Peggy Lee and the ill-starred Amy Winehouse, much better company to be in than some of the scoundrels who have broken her heart.
    [March 2014]

www.bronwynnebrent.com

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I saw you lindy-hopping doon the front.

]

Well maybe nae doon the front, but I did spend some time in the bogs with Amy Johnson.

Having just watched Scott browns sky interview it showed the rogic goal from the SC final in 2017 where considine was skinned so easily and that was when he wss 4+ years younger. I think the club have been mega lazy & tight not bringing in another CB, Its criminal really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Having just watched Scott browns sky interview it showed the rogic goal from the SC final in 2017 where considine was skinned so easily and that was when he wss 4+ years younger. I think the club have been mega lazy & tight not bringing in another CB, Its criminal really.
    I agree totally we need him replaced.
    One thing in his defence, it was in the 93rd minute and we’d been on the back foot for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    One thing in his defence, it was in the 93rd minute and we’d been on the back foot for 20 minutes.
    I was more annoyed with Lewis losing one at the near post.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That's true, I like consi as a person but I just think he's our weak link at the back & we his lack of pace its concerning.

Were being linked with a current U.S international a tomas Mueller.

Page 145 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast